Guest Annabonkersbella

Hi!

I hope somebody can help me. I was about to submit my visa application and asked to see employers application to obtain TRN. However upon looking at it i noticed that they listed there own position (the lady filling in the application) instead of mine - even including the ANZSCO code!

So the position they have listed is Financial manager and the position i am is Hairdresser- BIG DIFFERENCE. They have obviously continued to add evidence all of which is for hairdresser ect but i am now worried as if i apply using the TRN what will happen if the occupations don't match? (company have already filled out incorrect information form and attached this to application but this does not change the initial mistake which is still lodged in the system)

I rang immigration who gave me an email address for NSW PSE to ask to resolve this. My company went into great detail writing an email to explain situation and my concern for applying and paying $8,000 (theirs 2 of us) for a visa that might automatically bounce back. We had a response within 3 days which basically hand balled it to case officer- saying a note had been added and your case officer will advise you on this once you have been assigned one. 

Well that poses a problem as judging by the spreadsheet i could be waiting months for that and Im onshore with a visa expiry date of 7th July......

SO guys what would you do? 

would you apply anyway? What about withdrawing the application and just re submitting it (and company paying application fee again) ?

Any advice will be greatly received.

Thanks

17 minutes ago, Elliotkan said:

hey guys

Just wondering what will happen to the exiting applications if the occupation is removed from the new occupation list which will be released tomorrow?

A bit worried...

Just take a look at the list and contact your MA if you have a doubt: http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jess6 said:

You may want to reach out to your MA.

Thanks God I found below...

Removed occupations 

On 19 April 2017, 200 occupations were removed entirely from the STSOL.

See:List of the removed occupations 

A further 16 occupations on the MLTSSL were restricted to only apply to the following visa programmes:

See: Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)

These changes will only apply to new applications lodged on, or after, 19 April 2017 for:

However, for the subclass 457 programme for any of these removed occupations on, or after, 19 April 2017:

• no visa applications can be granted
  • no nomination applications can be approved.

29 minutes ago, Elliotkan said:

My occupation is removed. But since I have already lodged 186DE application so can I assume mine won't be affected ?

Definitely worth asking your MA, but looks to me like you should be ok. On the Removed Occupations, it says that lodged 186 DE applications (not sure about Transition...) are good under the old rules:

On 19 April 2017, 200 occupations were removed entirely from the STSOL. See:List of the removed occupations

These changes will only apply to new applications lodged on, or after, 19 April 2017 for:

See here, under "Removed Occupations": http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists 

• Like 2

Just now, rinilly said:

Definitely worth asking your MA, but looks to me like you should be ok. On the Removed Occupations, it says that lodged 186 DE applications (not sure about Transition...) are good under the old rules:

On 19 April 2017, 200 occupations were removed entirely from the STSOL. See:List of the removed occupations

See here, under "Removed Occupations": http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists 

Thanks for sharing and yes I have just found it. Thanks God that I am 186DE...

Hello guys,

I'm a bit worried about all these changes...

My occupation is still on the stsol list and applied for PR in December.

My understanding is people on stsol list won't be able to apply for PR???

And do you think that it can impact my application?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Elliotkan said:

Thanks for sharing and yes I have just found it. Thanks God that I am 186DE...

My occupation is on the "removed" list, and this change will not affect any 186 DE application that was lodged before April 19.

BUT, my concern is since my occupation will no longer be supportive for future 186 DE application, would that affect the way that CO makes a decision ?

Edited by wendyjoe1026
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SABASAI said:

Guys... they are talking about 457.... this discussion about 186??? no affect for us friends.

also, changes will affect applications lodged after 19 April , 2017.

I guess you may want to read this fact sheet: http://www.border.gov.au/WorkinginAustralia/Documents/reforms-australia-permanent-employer-sponsored-migration-programme.pdf

I might completely misunderstand but it looks like from March 2018 on, if you are not on the MLTSSL (SOL), you will have no pathway to Permanent Residency. 

So basically people on the STSOL (CSOL) will only be able to stay temporarily in Australia - 4 years max. 

I guess it can be fun when you are in your mid-twenties and want some adventure. It is also an option for big companies to transfer their staff overseas for a few years. So I see what the government is trying to achieve here. Apart from these two options, I wonder how many people will be willing to make the move to Australia for a new job if they cannot build something here.

I might be wrong but I feel that these rules will not work well for the economy.

• Like 1

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/apr/19/citizenship-changes-will-put-australian-values-first-malcolm-turnbull

Not to send anyone into a frenzied panic, but looks like the 457 visa announcement yesterday wont be the last made my Turnbull with another "imminent"...

“This is important for temporary visas, vital for permanent residency and citizenship. Citizenship must be valued and we’re making changes so the practices and principles of those obtaining citizenship are consistent with our cultural values.”

• Like 1

We have been silent followers of this thread since the beginning of the year and are pleased to report that PR has been granted today.  We will update the spreadsheet later but we are TAB on the October tab.

We hope our approval will give some hope to other direct entry applicants and wish everyone all the best in the their own applications.

• Like 4