I have been asked to get my Australian police clearance done again with having my surname and first name,as on my passport its just given name,they say according to Australian rules you its mandatory to have and use surname so i have to get it done again,mostly all Indian people have names like this,so yeah just a heads up to all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True mate..

It's again a matter of a month or more wait for you.

I did my aus pcc on given name so do I need to do again with frst nd last name or do I need to wait for my file to open.

In my opinion, it's better to wait until CO asks for it because it depends on the CO whether he consider it or not.

I did my aus pcc on given name so do I need to do again with frst nd last name or do I need to wait for my file to open.

Yeah just wait i would say,it just depends on every CO..good luck

In my opinion, better to keep ready and upload it as soon as u received this will save ur waiting time rather than waiting for co request as this will add more waiting time incase co requested.

I did the same thing, I re-applied PCC and AFC just before expired (12 months old).

My nomination has been refused last week because of financial situation of the company,

in a word, they don't think a small company with such little income has the right reason to

hire a person from oversea.

It's sad to get a result like this after more than a year's waiting, but it comes eventually.

In my opinion, better to keep ready and upload it as soon as u received this will save ur waiting time rather than waiting for co request as this will add more waiting time incase co requested.

I did the same thing, I re-applied PCC and AFC just before expired (12 months old).

But coz mine frst pcc expired then I upload new one so two pcc in file now the latest pcc if of last month so is it fine to upload a third pcc also now again.

My nomination has been refused last week because of financial situation of the company,

in a word, they don't think a small company with such little income has the right reason to

It's sad to get a result like this after more than a year's waiting, but it comes eventually.

sorry to hear this, perhaps you should have a look at visa 189 ASAP, use your australian work experience to earn more point. and try to get IELTS 6 as minimum.

I am really sorry! how little was the income? do you know? and what about your 457 - I mean the DIBP has granted that the first time. I thought if they grant the 457 should not be a problem for 186..

I share the same question with you here. If they granted 457 then they should grant 186 unless there is significant change to company condition? Such as change of ownership or continually loss in recent year? Or if it’s a new company (under 5 years old)?

As an accountant, I normally won’t look at the net profit of a small company but will look at the wages that the owner normally took out of business. It will be indicator of how well the business is doing. I wonder how CO would approach a financial statements??

@SimonPang,

It's not over at all... there were too many ways to get PR....

you will get jobs in countryside on 187 visa based on ur experience for sure to restart ur careers

@SimonPang - My heart bleads for you my friend.. But all is not lost. Be positive!!

Being a software engineer your skill is on SOL. Am sure you can apply independently on 189 visa. Use PTE to score maximum score and strive for 70+ score overall to get quick visa invite post EOI. If you act fast, then you can get your PR within 6 months. ACS will take 4 - 6 weeks, if you have 70+ points then EOI process will take 2-4 weeks and visa will take around 3 months. GOOD LUCK and GOD BLESS.

Hi @SimonPang, how devastating - so sorry to hear that. Do agree with the others above - as a software engineer, can you apply independently via skillselect EOI or perhaps via state sponsorship? If you get your skills positively assessed, doors will open - and prob much more quickly than via ENS nowadays. Best of luck!

@Gary1985 and @jess6, we're still in limbo but finally got our employer's agent to follow-up w/IMMI since we're hitting 11 months! They advised a few more weeks for allocation. So I'm holding off on calling myself - it's better than the usual "call in a month" or "might be allocated in a month or so" that I've heard previously. Earnestly praying that this time, it's for real. Our 457 is lapsing soon too, not to mention among other things, the requirements that might expire since we applied both nom and visa decision-ready.

CONGRATS to all the recent PRs!

To the others waiting a long time, hoping we hear positive news in the coming weeks. Meantime, sorry for the late responses - I'm trying to focus on other things. Thinking about how long it's taking (while others seem to get it in half the time it seems) makes me insanely anxious so I'm trying to minimise the time/energy/damage.