not in au yet, Richo, im aware that both 186 and 457 have their downs and ups, based on what u mentioned here, some of which r new to me thanks btw, 186 seems to be a better choice, hope the waiting could end earlier to us, fingers crossed

finger crossed mate.

good news about May2016. Lets hope the Feb thru June allocation system finds June again soon!

I am so happy to say we received our visa today.

Nomination 24th June

visa 4th July

2 people

LR

Diesel mechanic

Nomination granted and info requested 13/01/17

visa granted 17/01/17

I wish you all the best in this long journey

Congratulations Emily

Nomination 24th June

visa 4th July

2 people

LR

Diesel mechanic

visa granted 17/01/17

Congrats mate

good luck for ur new journey

Congratulation mate. Wish you all the best too for New life.

Nomination 24th June

visa 4th July

2 people

LR

Diesel mechanic

visa granted 17/01/17

I spoke to my MA today and she told me that the latest approval she has received so far is for the application lodged in last week of June. Even her colleagues confirmed that. She said that there is a high chance that immi is trying to finish as many applications as possible for the last financial year before starting applications for the current financial year.

I spoke to my MA today and she told me that the latest approval she has received so far is for the application lodged in last week of June. Even her colleagues confirmed that. She said that there is a high chance that immi is trying to finish as many applications as possible for the last financial year before starting applications for the current financial year.

Hi abhi1234 - thank you for sharing the feedback from your MA.

I know the DIBP issue a report each year on the number of permanent and temporary visas granted. Does anyone know when this report is issued?

Just spoke to MA and Immi (cool head).. Immi is on run finishing June apps and may is next ..she doesn't know and feels it's random depending on the PSE and expect may apps being finalised by end this month as the Immi is on rush to clear as many apps are due to one year (police checks, health documents,etc).. so good news as the newly trained CO's recruited are on desk (they were short staffed earlier). Congratulations to all the finalised application.good luck.

thank you guys for sharing infor from ma and immi, truly helpful and inspiring

but i cant believe they r still working on apps from last financial year while 7months of current financial year has passed.

hope they speed up as soon as new recruitment fills the lack of employment

Edited by MANSON

Let's hold on to our horses mate..this Immi lady was so cool and polite answering the queries and they were short staffed earlier and Christmas and New Year's Eve adds on to the wait game. Anywzz they are on the move. So let's hope the best.. and our spreadsheet says not many may apps left to be finalised so good luck.

Just spoke to MA and Immi (cool head).. Immi is on run finishing June apps and may is next ..she doesn't know and feels it's random depending on the PSE and expect may apps being finalised by end this month as the Immi is on rush to clear as many apps are due to one year (police checks, health documents,etc).. so good news as the newly trained CO's recruited are on desk (they were short staffed earlier). Congratulations to all the finalised application.good luck.

Hi Braindead,

When you spoke with the lady from Immi and she advised that there is "a run finishing June apps and may is next" was she referring to applications submitted in June 2016 and May 2016?

Edited by Richo

Happy new year everyone! Hope they haven't forgotten all the April DE 186 applicants. This wait is killer. Just checked our spreadsheet and my heart bleeds for the applicants from earlier - noticed some Jan-March 2016 applicants still waiting?

I read earlier in the thread that over 1000 staff were given redundancy(?) packages OCT/NOV? And that new COs started in their roles this year? Is this true? Hope the predictions that they are finishing off the 2015-16 FY is true. It's been way too long.

The best of luck to us all!

Friends, it will be helpful for everyone of you can update your details in the spreadsheet. Pls use the correct version of the document to populate your details. Spreadsheet link is given in my signature below. I see around 42 guests right now watching this discussion thread, a quick 5 minutes from you will help. Pls contribute in the spreadsheet so we all collectively can infer something with regard to our application approvals.

Few inference are pretty clear :

a) All focus is on to conclude application approvals that were lodged before 30.Jun.2016. I don't foresee them heading to July applications un-till they conclude atleast 75% of applications lodged till June 2016.

b) They are no more asking for Form 80 anymore.

c) Its all random luck if ones application is picked up within 6 months and approved.

Peace and have a good one!!!!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1INy6sxuUIisgLOT7CcskWLjQjHV_6yVvUBRHceWE_a0/edit#gid=1872082917

Edited by syd2016

Hi everyone,

I was a silent follower of this forum.

Can someone pls help to add me in the spreadsheet?

457 to 186 transition

Nomination & Visa application date: 21, June, 2016

1 Person

NSW

HR

Hope everyone can hear good news soon!

Cheers!