Brexit Poll  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Knowing what you know now - How would you vote

• Remain in the EU
    • Leave the EU

He's always been a very good speaker, and I doubt we would be leaving the EU without him. I still haven't worked out what motivates him, but to be honest, I haven't really tried. I'd be happy to have a beer with the bloke. I just don't think he's qualified to be in charge of anything.
But sadly, for all his bluster, people will, over the next few years, discover that the EU wasn't responsible for all their troubles, and the troubles it was responsible for won't be solved by leaving it. Some people are just destined to have crap lives.

Realest post I ever read.

Sent from my SM-G800H using PomsinOz mobile app

8 hours ago, Pura Vida said:

A rather amazing take on events from amibovered, considering Eurosceptic nonsense has long ruled the media agenda. Media moguls living thousands of miles away influencing opinion.

From my time living in Britain, the media constantly fed the public on a diet of venom, contempt and propaganda  against Europe. 

Bias to the point of parody would be a suitable description. Although the British seldom fails to disappoint come parody. Peeps are possibly unaware that in the 1930's, the editor of The Times, (actually then owned by the right wing group that now owns the Daily Mail) censored reports from Berlin correspondent that were critical of Hitler.

No censorship needed today of course as editors mainly want criticism of Europe in their papers. Regardless of the daftness behind such criticism. They have been champions of perpetrating lies, myths over the decades of course.

What time did you live in the uk as I can't remember the British press constantly feeding the public the venom and contempt , I can well remember some headlines that were relevant of the time regarding the British fishermen being sold down the river , and John major not getting a better deal for the U.K. 

It certainly wasn't how you claim , the anti feeling of the eu has,  imo come about in the last 15 years after free movement became more relivent and also the rise in social media 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rallyman said:

What time did you live in the uk as I can't remember the British press constantly feeding the public the venom and contempt , I can well remember some headlines that were relevant of the time regarding the British fishermen being sold down the river , and John major not getting a better deal for the U.K. 

It certainly wasn't how you claim , the anti feeling of the eu has,  imo come about in the last 15 years after free movement became more relivent and also the rise in social media 

Well I suppose, if at all au fait with the history of British media lies on the matter, may have appeared more 'humorous' than vile to some but some that do spring to mind are.....

Way back in 97 the Daily Mail claims on Brussels bureaucrats planning to end the traditional British loaf.(weights and measures) Complete fabrication of course but such was that papers obsession with Europe.

Then you should recall the issue over  the proposed ban on curved bananas. Another lie. I believe most tabloids went with that untrue story. Of course, that ultimate bull crapper, Boris Johnson , on appointment as a journalist to The Daily Telegraph, furthered the crude anti European ideology further. (he certainly can spin a good yarn. Just a shame most are make believe)

I wonder if the story on the blowing up of the EU building in Brussels resonate? The reality was it was evacuated due to asbestos  in order to be made safe. Yet another dishonest story from a man that went on from being a journalist to a major player in the out campaign, again based on lies.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rallyman said:

Remember the vile and contempt was only accepted by the older generation...................you know the ones that shouldn't have voted!....................or was it the poor Northerners?...............or was it the uneducated?............. or was it the ones who don't own business's?..................definitely not the Scots though (including the older Scots whom we can assume should be allowed to vote because they vote correctly!)

The problem being the Remain campaigned poorly to say the least. It would appear all media channel allowed the lies to go unchallenged. I don't refer to the tabloids and Daily Telegraph, where little else could be expected but even BBC was slow of the mark to correct falsehoods I believe.  The lies were allowed to run too long before a correction later, well after the general publics collective mind had been influenced.

Hardly surprising so many succumbed to the negative propaganda over the years and voted out. Can a reduced presence and influence in Europe really be considered a good thing?

I think the British public are a bit more switched on than you give them credit for , as to banning curved bananas anybody with half a ounce of commonsense knew it was fabrication , 

A bit like the story of a Lancaster bomber being found on the moon 

you still haven't answered what period you actually lived in the uk ? 

• Thanks 1

On ‎6‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 19:55, simmo said:

Cameron's conservative party was pro remain. So was May come to that.

While Cameron did indeed try to 'turn the boat around' when in government, while in opposition he sent out a constant message of Eurosceptic signals. He filled his shadow cabinet with high profile anti Europeans.

No wonder why voters were confused.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rallyman said:

I think the British public are a bit more switched on than you give them credit for , as to banning curved bananas anybody with half a ounce of commonsense knew it was fabrication , 

A bit like the story of a Lancaster bomber being found on the moon 

you still haven't answered what period you actually lived in the uk ? 

Bloody Lancastrians get everywhere!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pura Vida said:

While Cameron did indeed try to 'turn the boat around' when in government, while in opposition he sent out a constant message of Eurosceptic signals. He filled his shadow cabinet with high profile anti Europeans.

No wonder why voters were confused.

Confused voters now added to the list!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Pura Vida said:

The problem being the Remain campaigned poorly to say the least. It would appear all media channel allowed the lies to go unchallenged. I don't refer to the tabloids and Daily Telegraph, where little else could be expected but even BBC was slow of the mark to correct falsehoods I believe.  The lies were allowed to run too long before a correction later, well after the general publics collective mind had been influenced.

Hardly surprising so many succumbed to the negative propaganda over the years and voted out. Can a reduced presence and influence in Europe really be considered a good thing?

Well 52% think it is worth a damn good go!

• Like 1

Have locked this thread as we already have an active Brexit thread going. Admittedly, it was hidden from view for a few hours yesterdau so someone started this one, but as the original thread is back now and its hard to merge this as it has a poll included, I'm closing it. 

Feel free to continue discussing Brexit back over in the original thread. You'll need to skip a few pages to get to the end of the thread ;)

TIA