Brexit Poll  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Knowing what you know now - How would you vote

• Remain in the EU
    • Leave the EU

2 hours ago, starlight7 said:

Well at least we had 70 plus yeas without one of those European wars- guess it couldn't last for ever.  

Yep, wait 'til those fuzzywuzzies hear we're out.. it'll be armageddon 

On 4/3/2017 at 6:20 PM, BacktoDemocracy said:

WTF, next the Telegraph and its stable of swivel eyed, frothing at the mouth bunch of Europhobes will be campaigning for us to be re conquering a new empire, so 21st century!!!!  

"stable of swivel eyed, frothing at the mouth bunch of Europhobes" 

charming!O.o

42 minutes ago, simmo said:

you have no case to rest

The man is a disgrace, he insults anyone different to him and thinks that it is perfectly acceptable, he is arrogant in his petulance and imagines there will be no consequences to his behaviours or maybe he hopes to provoke a violent response so that he can indulge in that childish ya hoo tactic of look at you getting upset over just some mickey taking, look, look, I was only being funny.

Well Europe is not amused and they are going to bend us over and show us how unamused they are with a sex starved donkey.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

The man is a disgrace, he insults anyone different to him and thinks that it is perfectly acceptable, he is arrogant in his petulance and imagines there will be no consequences to his behaviours or maybe he hopes to provoke a violent response so that he can indulge in that childish ya hoo tactic of look at you getting upset over just some mickey taking, look, look, I was only being funny.

Well Europe is not amused and they are going to bend us over and show us how unamused they are with a sex starved donkey.

so you don't like Mr Farage then?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simmo said:

so you don't like Mr Farage then?

He's always been a very good speaker, and I doubt we would be leaving the EU without him. I still haven't worked out what motivates him, but to be honest, I haven't really tried. I'd be happy to have a beer with the bloke. I just don't think he's qualified to be in charge of anything.

But sadly, for all his bluster, people will, over the next few years, discover that the EU wasn't responsible for all their troubles, and the troubles it was responsible for won't be solved by leaving it. Some people are just destined to have crap lives.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, newjez said:

He's always been a very good speaker, and I doubt we would be leaving the EU without him. I still haven't worked out what motivates him, but to be honest, I haven't really tried. I'd be happy to have a beer with the bloke. I just don't think he's qualified to be in charge of anything.

But sadly, for all his bluster, people will, over the next few years, discover that the EU wasn't responsible for all their troubles, and the troubles it was responsible for won't be solved by leaving it. Some people are just destined to have crap lives.

True but that might apply to an awful lot of people now, the rise of populist nationalism is going to inflict misery on many.

Farage I would judge is a white supremacist , a nationalist who has learnt to keep his xenophobia out of sight,but with an over riding desire for power and easy money

• Like 1

3 hours ago, newjez said:

This is an excellent summation.  Sadly too, many people who advocated leave are also doing very nicely in the EU but have opted for a more uncertain future for totally undefinable benefits. 

• Like 1

OMG!! you lot xD 99% understand that brexit isn't some kind of panacea, it's about control.

It's about having the power to change things that don't work (for us) without having to alter the course of the huge lumbering EU and getting agreement from its 28 members.

As for Farage being a white supremacist.. get a grip woman! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simmo said:

OMG!! you lot xD 99% understand that brexit isn't some kind of panacea, it's about control.

It's about having the power to change things that don't work (for us) without having to alter the course of the huge lumbering EU and getting agreement from its 28 members.

That is one of the things that won't change in the global world in which we live.

1 hour ago, simmo said:

Ha ha.  You really believe you will gain some level of control following Brexit.  How sweet.

Just now, Gbye grey sky said:

Ha ha.  You really believe you will gain some level of control following Brexit.  How sweet.

what a bizarre post.  What do you think will happen after brexit?

(Ha ha) wtf is that all about? 

1 hour ago, simmo said:

You will still have no control. I find it amusing and a little quaint that people think that they will gain more control over anything at all.  UK will have the same government and all UK laws will need to be redrafted to mirror the EU laws.

You will have absolutely no say or control in the terms of Brexit.  The UK Government will have little control either in effect.

What transpires post-Brexit relies heavily on any deal that the UK can secure on future trade with the EU.  At best the UK should be ok.  Worst case is no trade deal leaving UK businesses with tariffs and quotas to overcome and a trade war with the EU.  It is this potential worst case that has led to a massive collapse in the currency since 2015 (when speculation on the then upcoming referendum gave the market jitters).  For example in 2015 I exchanged GBP at 2.15 AUD and it peaked at over 2.2.  Since the referendum it has been around 1.6 to 1.7 despite the strong economic news coming out of the UK.  And it is not just the AUD either, the GBP tanked against all major currencies simultaneously. The currency markets continue to be convinced that the UK will come out of Brexit badly.  Currencies simply do not tank when the economy is strong unless there is an underlying concern. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, simmo said:

What will happen is the Tories will be free to screw the working populace as much as they like without any constraints imposed by EU laws and Courts, which is what the Tory grandees have wanted ever since we joined the EU and why they object to it so vehemently, they want to be back in charge and if you haven't realised that then you are in for a nasty shock.

• Like 1