190 v 187

matt796

Advice please!!!!!!

I have completed a successful skills application and have the option of a 187 with one employer or a 190 with a state sponsored. The employer has paid for a RCB application and am awaiting approval.

However, the 187 is likely to take 12 months if successful. The 190 is in a state that we are willing to live in for two years but isn't our first choice.

My fear is that the employer will revoke the offer if they get tired of waiting etc and leave me high and dry!

Just wondering what I should do?!

Ooh that's a tricky one. Surely though the employer knows the wait time for a 187- lots of employers wait as they know the process. To be fair, I'd probably go down the 190 route if it were me. I had a couple of companies interested in 457/187 for me but I thought you know what why don't I just try for the 189. Just out of interest which states are you considering for 190? Where is the job offer for 187? 

Edited by Dragonflygecko

Hi 

Thanks for your reply. The offer of the 187 is regional VIC. I have a confirmed job offer in NT and have spoken with them (NT Government) and as they have also spoken to the employer they will allow a 190 - although they informed me normally it's a 489. 

The only issue is my Vetassess was completed for a 187 - although vetassess said it's fine for a 190 as it's an offshore skills assessment and is the same!

• 4 weeks later...

The skills assessment is the same for 187/190 

if I were you I would go 190, a friend of mine came over via subclass 186 and hated his workplace, he tried to stick it out but ended up leaving after 7 months and went back to the UK which cost him a substantial amount of money. 

Although there are many positive sponsored employments I would consider your options, atleast with the 190 you are only limited to staying in the state.

This is only my opinion, and I wish you success on which ever route you decide to take.

Regards, H