Visa application in process and we are expecting a second baby. How to go about it.

manika

Hi guys

I have submitted skilled via 190 for NSW last month for myself,spouse and my kid, we found out recently that we are expecting a second baby.

1. How do we go about health exam for my wife since she can't get Xrays now. Is there any waiver process or do we get on hold?

2. If we don't get visa before my second child is born (which is doubtful), can i get my second child added to same visa application.

3. If visa is granted in 3-4 months and we wait for baby to be born in India, what's the process and timelines for child visa application

Would appreciate if you can guide me through

Thanks

Mani

• 2 months later...

Hi Mani,

I'm not exactly an expert in this but my husband and I have just submitted out 189 visa application (tonight actually) and I am 24 weeks pregnant with baby no. 2. We are going through an agent so makes the process a little less stressful but essentially our agent advised us to get the application in as soon as we could and then once we got assigned a case officer and asked to go for our medicals we email them and politely request that our application go on a temporary hold until after the baby is born so that the visa is not approved before the baby comes along (especially as not advised for pregnant women to have the xrays, though you can sign a waiver if you wish). Then once the baby is born and we have a birth certificate and then got a passport we can add the baby to application and email the case officer and ask to go for our medicals and police checks.

Our agent said this was the best way to do it to avoid having to do a separate visa for the baby after ours is approved (as would be a whole new visa application and cost almost as much!) and avoids having to do a medical xray whilst pregnant.

It would mean our entire family of 4 would all be on the same visa with the same conditions and must all enter for initial entry by the same time.

Obviously I can only advise from my current circumstances and with the advice I have received from my agent. Not sure if this is helpful or not but hopefully you get something from it.

Thanks

Holly