489 Based Migration

Hi Everyone...Apologize for the lengthy post...we just received the 489 Visa in SA and here is the current state

My wife is the primary applicant.

The company i work for in Sri Lanka does Internal IT Projects and the current project i'm involved in is for a Aus customer.

I worked in Aus from Dec-2016 to Feb-2017 using the 400 Visa and i was based in VIC.

Right now im back in Sri Lanka and hoping to get back using the 489 to continue with the above-mentioned project.

Here are my questions...

1. We will be living in SA and since my wife is the primary applicant is there any work restrictions for me to work in VIC ?

2. What are the initial steps i should do when i come to Aus using the 489 ?

3. What about a Tax File, Bank account...etc

You are only allowed to work/live in a regional or low population-growth area - for Victoria this is generally anywhere except the Melbourne area but you should review the exact post codes to make sure you don't breach the conditions of your visa.

Working will be Tatura 3616

Living will be Shepparton 3630

But does it really matter since I'm not the primary applicant

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2017 at 7:46 AM, christopherj said:

Hi Everyone...Apologize for the lengthy post...we just received the 489 Visa in SA and here is the current state.

Hi, can you please let me know the total point score, with which you applied 489 visa and the SOL occupation.

On 3/18/2017 at 6:59 PM, christopherj said:

Working will be Tatura 3616

Living will be Shepparton 3630

But does it really matter since I'm not the primary applicant

Both Tatura and Shepparton post codes look like they are ok.  You can find the conditions on your visa grant notice.  All visa holders must comply with the conditions of their grant.  Even if you're not the primary applicant, you can only live/work in a regional and low population-growth metropolitan area.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2017 at 8:52 AM, MaggieMay24 said:

Both Tatura and Shepparton post codes look like they are ok.  You can find the conditions on your visa grant notice.  All visa holders must comply with the conditions of their grant.  Even if you're not the primary applicant, you can only live/work in a regional and low population-growth metropolitan area.

Hi MaggieMay..... could you confirm if there are any legal issues of say me working in VIC above zip codes which are regional... for like 3 months and then moving to Adelaide for good.... EVEN IF SA Sponsored our 489