UK unemployment rate

bristolman

apparently not! With a contract comes responsibility. She doesn't want that ATM.

Yes that's what I have heard from lots of people on ZHCs, for most people they seem to be a stop gap or a stepping stone. That's not to say some aren't taken advantage of, just as with permanent or part time staff.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

]Yes that's what I have heard from lots of people on ZHCs[/B]' date=' for most people they seem to be a stop gap or a stepping stone. That's not to say some aren't taken advantage of, just as with permanent or part time staff.[/quote']no you didn't, you are just lying, no one has said that to you.
Edited by Perthbum

When I was leaving school in the 1970s we were reliably told that automation would lead to increased leisure time for all, people would retire at 50 and full-time jobs would be an anachronism. Since then the working population has boomed, people work to an older age and many work longer hours.

The beneficiaries of automation were the wealthy I guess who have siphoned up all the economic gains leaving the rest as wage slaves into old age.

Correction.

The UK unemployment RECORDED rate currently stands at just 4.7%, the lowest in 40 years.

Unfortunately the RECORDED unemployment rate does not match the real level of unemployment.

If it did then the number of zero hour contracts would be declining and not increasing by 100k to 900k!

Employers would not be able to get away with offering zero hour contracts as the only option for Employment at 4.7% unemplyment.

The pay rate for all advertised jobs would be increasing not declining.

The tax credit bill, housing benefit bill would also be declining.

Something does not add up.

And don't let us forget all those pseudo self employeds who are out there earning below the minimum wage, who are just managing because of "in work" benefits, who are hounded off unemployment benefits.

a big problem is that banks look at zero hour contracts employees as too risky to give loans for things such as cars and when applying for a mortgage the zero hour contract wage cannot be taken into account due. maybe some people may find this acceptable and if that fits there lifestyle great but the thing I don't like is big companies are abusing workers and laying off full time staff to recruit for these positions and driving down the quality of living in the UK.

A very big like, absolutely right.

The way I see it is if you are one of those who don't like how zero hour contracts work then look for a permanent job, unless you are almost unemployable there are jobs out there. Given the numbers on zero hour contracts it's hardly going to drag down the standard of living as 97% of working people DON'T work zero hours.

Why you have said you don't need to work for an employer so when did you last test the market for a full time job.

Oh my God you took those comments seriously, oh that's so sweet lol

The issue is that a lot of people enter a discussion relying on goodwill and an assumption that the other party is going to act in accordance with widely accepted values and mores, unfortunately I find increasingly that there are now a sub set of people who hold views which are anti democratic and which do not recognise humanitarian values, much like Katie Hopkins and Trump.

If you want to be taken seriously at least try to act like a grown up rather than making comments like some catty 12 year.

The issue is that a lot of people enter a discussion relying on goodwill and an assumption that the other party is going to act in accordance with widely accepted values and mores, unfortunately I find increasingly that there are now a sub set of people who hold views which are anti democratic and which do not recognise humanitarian values, much like Katie Hopkins and Trump.

If you want to be taken seriously at least try to act like a grown up rather than making comments like some catty 12 year.

I couldn't care less whether you take me seriously or not. The irony of you talking about being anti democratic.

Well one thing with increasing employment, this is usually the trigger point for the Conservatives to allow an upsurge in immigration to keep the lid on wage increases and prevent strikes.

Its going to be very interesting to see how this circle is going to be squared, leaving the EU, promising to REDUCE immigration, not having invested in skills training for 20 years and expanding demand for investment in infrastructure and housing and renewal of public transport, and possible tariffs on imports and exports, and I forgot the Scots are rising up again

Looks to me like Saint Theresa might be wishing she never got the job or maybe she could do it on a ZHC

Well one thing with increasing employment, this is usually the trigger point for the Conservatives to allow an upsurge in immigration to keep the lid on wage increases and prevent strikes.

Its going to be very interesting to see how this circle is going to be squared, leaving the EU, promising to REDUCE immigration, not having invested in skills training for 20 years and expanding demand for investment in infrastructure and housing and renewal of public transport, and possible tariffs on imports and exports, and I forgot the Scots are rising up again

Looks to me like Saint Theresa might be wishing she never got the job or maybe she could do it on a ZHC

The tories could not run a piss up in a brewery, they have just shown how inept and bad they are with a massive U turn on NI

I couldn't care less whether you take me seriously or not. The irony of you talking about being anti democratic.

What you understand as Democracy is that the decision made by your clique, based on your understanding of the situation, is then imposed on everyone regardless of whether you were fully aware of the facts of the situation and regardless of the impact of your decision on the future.

That doesn't sound like democracy that sounds like a dictatorship.

Bristolman, you dont and h​ave never worked with people on zero hour contracts, here is a a thing I have and do now, the vast majority hate them.

Don't tell me what I have and haven't done, you are barely able to keep your story straight from one day to the next so you are in no position to be saying things like this. It is very clear that the vast majority do NOT hate ZHCs.

What you understand as Democracy is that the decision made by your clique, based on your understanding of the situation, is then imposed on everyone regardless of whether you were fully aware of the facts of the situation and regardless of the impact of your decision on the future.

That doesn't sound like democracy that sounds like a dictatorship.

Is it any wonder no one takes you seriously.

Don't tell me what I have and haven't done, you are barely able to keep your story straight from one day to the next so you are in no position to be saying things like this. It is very clear that the vast majority do NOT hate ZHCs.

I would recommend a heavy duty tinfoil hat to stop those messages from Conservative Central Office.