UK unemployment rate

bristolman

The way I see it is if you are one of those who don't like how zero hour contracts work then look for a permanent job, unless you are almost unemployable there are jobs out there. Given the numbers on zero hour contracts it's hardly going to drag down the standard of living as 97% of working people DON'T work zero hours.
200 applicants for a tesco stacking job says otherwise.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The vast majority don't want zero hour contracts, they cannot get a mortgage and do not know if they have enough money to last the the week. I know as I decide whether to send them home after an hour at work as it is a quiet shift, I try to keep them on doing odd jobs but most managers dont care and send them home.

The vast majority, ok :)

A 2013 study by the CIPD found that 47% of workers on zero hour contracts were "very satisfied" or "satisfied" with their deal, with 72% believing they had choice over the hours they worked.

You type with your thumbs, now that's just weird lol

I'm sure this person finds it weird too:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/ktla.com/2015/10/08/albino-girl-whose-leg-and-fingers-were-chopped-off-in-tanzania-gets-help-in-l-a/amp/

Your comments around whether women deserve to be treated equally, and now judging me because i type with my thumbs without knowing my disability background.

I am starting to see what type of person you might be...

I'm sure this person finds it weird too:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/ktla.com/2015/10/08/albino-girl-whose-leg-and-fingers-were-chopped-off-in-tanzania-gets-help-in-l-a/amp/

Your comments around whether women deserve to be treated equally, and now judging me because i type with my thumbs without knowing my disability background.

I am starting to see what type of person you might be...

Oh my God you took those comments seriously, oh that's so sweet lol

The vast majority, ok :)

A 2013 study by the CIPD found that 47% of workers on zero hour contracts were "very satisfied" or "satisfied" with their deal, with 72% believing they had choice over the hours they worked.

ohhhh dear, a study funded by big companies...fail

p.s you certainly do not choose the hours you work.

Edited by Perthbum

Is she on a zero hour contract? Or is she on a permanent part time contract I wonder.

Is she entitled annual leave?

Is she entitled carer's leave?

Is she entitled sick leave?

Has she been offered a work place pension?

my wife is on zero hours. She has strongly resisted attempts to get her on a permanent contract.