wertu113

Brexit

1,237 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, amibovered said:

Oh yeah logic :biglaugh:

very logical of you to take an interest in something that doesn't affect you, that hatred of Britain must be really strong.

Again, I have no hatred for Britain or any other nation.  I don't even hate my ex.  Stop trying to personalise the debate.  Have you posted 1 logical post in support of your position.  All your posts seemto be sniping 1 liners.  Have you not got the intellect to articulate an argument?  At least some of the others can articulate their position and don't resort to abusing people who an opposing viewpoint.

Brexit is interesting from an economic perspective and I believe will be seen as the biggest economic mistake undertaken by any modern nation for a century.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moneycorp
Moneycorp
16 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

ps as an Irish passport holder ,and ties to Ireland ,you have let the cat out of the bag .

this is about the u.k and the e.u .

long term ,don't expect the u.k to fail .

know your history , this island run by disorganised ,bumbling idiots ALWAYS gets the job done 😉

Not sure what cat i have let out, never hidden my nationality - not reallt relevant to the debate though.

I don't expect the Uk to fail, take a few large steps backwards economically - Yes (for 1-2 generations ie 40-50 years)

Love your last quote :D

 

Edited by Collie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rallyman said:

Post some good news regarding leaving and it's still doom and gloom by some

you just can't win glass is always half empty 

rally. Some in the e.u will try to hammer us ( namely the French ,and on or two others ) ...we will survive ...it might take a while for the dust to settle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Collie said:

Again, I have no hatred for Britain or any other nation.  I don't even hate my ex.  Stop trying to personalise the debate.  Have you posted 1 logical post in support of your position.  All your posts seemto be sniping 1 liners.  Have you not got the intellect to articulate an argument?  At least some of the others can articulate their position and don't resort to abusing people who an opposing viewpoint.

Brexit is interesting from an economic perspective and I believe will be seen as the biggest economic mistake undertaken by any modern nation for a century.

lets roll the dice ...our economy is strong and our status in the world even stronger .

Although the elites have tried to strip us ,at the last minute ,we have realised being British still means something ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Collie said:

Not sure what cat i have let out, never hidden my nationality - not reallt relevant to the debate though.

I don't expect the Uk to fail, take a few large steps backwards economically - Yes (for 1-2 generations ie 40-50 years)

Love your last quote :D

 

massively relevant to the debate .

Ireland is a huge benificiary from the e.u ..massive .

its done very nicely ,thank you very much .

the u.k hasn't ..1973 was actually the start of our slow demise ...no coincidence .

what ever happened to our industries

its no coincidence that left wingers like corbyn and skinner are brexiteers

quicker out the better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bunbury61 said:

our economy is strong and our status in the world even stronger .

Yes but that is not true.  The empire is gone mate, it's never coming back.  The UK's status in the world is probably at an all-time low and will never be what it was "when the sun never set".

The UK don't produce enough food to feed themselves, apart from weapons, they don't really manufacture much anymore (on a large scale anyway).  The economy is built on services and those services are portable and need access to markets

The 21st century will be the Asian century

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bunbury61 said:

massively relevant to the debate .

Ireland is a huge benificiary from the e.u ..massive .

Has been a massive benificary in the past - absolutely, now a net payer (albeit a small one)

It's not relevant as the thread is about the UK and the EU and I have tried to keep my arguments to that.  The post you quoted was a reply to Rallyman as to how the EU has personally affected me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Collie said:

Yes but that is not true.  The empire is gone mate, it's never coming back.  The UK's status in the world is probably at an all-time low and will never be what it was "when the sun never set".

The UK don't produce enough food to feed themselves, apart from weapons, they don't really manufacture much anymore (on a large scale anyway).  The economy is built on services and those services are portable and need access to markets

The 21st century will be the Asian century

who mentioned the empire ?...only you twice recently ...the veneer is slipping 😉

and thank you , why don't we manufacture much anymore ?

Stop worrying ,about a country you have no connection with .

we can take our money and start again

a spell in the 2nd division wouldn't be such a bad thing ....might thin the population a bit 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Collie said:

Has been a massive benificary in the past - absolutely, now a net payer (albeit a small one)

It's not relevant as the thread is about the UK and the EU and I have tried to keep my arguments to that.  The post you quoted was a reply to Rallyman as to how the EU has personally affected me.

a net payer now ...but where has all the initial money come from ...Germany and Britain ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Collie said:

Yes but that is not true.  The empire is gone mate, it's never coming back.  The UK's status in the world is probably at an all-time low and will never be what it was "when the sun never set".

The UK don't produce enough food to feed themselves, apart from weapons, they don't really manufacture much anymore (on a large scale anyway).  The economy is built on services and those services are portable and need access to markets

The 21st century will be the Asian century

the 21st century will be asian ....so where does that leave a block of countries with massive bureacracy and riddled with debt .

an armed forces heavily reliant on the united states

and a huge looming migration crisis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Collie said:

Not desperate for a negaive outcome, just realistic, practical and use of economic logic (something you may be lacking).

BTW  - Another 2 banks announced big Dublin and Frankfurt expansions.

both minnows compared to London btw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Labour would leave single market, says Jeremy Corbyn

Quote

A Labour government would leave the single market because it is “dependent on membership of the EU” but seek a trade deal that mirrored the free trade benefits, Jeremy Corbyn has said.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jul/23/labour-would-leave-single-market-jeremy-corbyn

So, exactly what the Government have been saying all along then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now