wertu113

Brexit

1,237 posts in this topic

i think its too little to late for the UK every country in the EU has ransacked the uk finance paying more into the EU than we ever got out also the fact that a single man can move to the UK from an EU country and leave his family behind but claim money in the uk for his family that's overseas and its perfectly legal that's the most shocking part.

Moneycorp
Moneycorp
i think its too little to late for the UK every country in the EU has ransacked the uk finance paying more into the EU than we ever got out also the fact that a single man can move to the UK from an EU country and leave his family behind but claim money in the uk for his family that's overseas and its perfectly legal that's the most shocking part.

Yep ...and I see it on the street every single day ....

while his family are still in Europe they are saving the taxpayer thousands in education expenses. If you took the benefits away, and they moved the family over here, it would cost us much much more.

Brexit – what happens next?

Comment by John Kinghorn from Moneycorp

So after the hype and hysteria all year, the vote has come and gone. In June, the UK voted to leave the EU by 52% to 48%. Leave won the majority of votes in Wales and England - every council in Scotland saw Remain majorities. The result was unexpected by a lot of people and shocked the financial markets. As a result the pound weakened considerably against all currencies.

Further to the result, David Cameron officially resigned as the UK Prime Minister causing political instability. With the Labour party also in crisis there was a political vacuum at a time when the country most needed to show leadership.

The combination of the Referendum result and the resignation of David Cameron causes major worries and the pound has remained largely much weaker against the Australian dollar. This leads us to the question, the majority of people have voted for Brexit so what happens next?

Following the result, the only certainty has been the uncertainty. And uncertainty is never good for the financial markets. Theresa May becoming Prime Minister this week has helped provide some degree of stability but many unanswered questions remain which we currently don’t the answers to, some of these key questions are below.

· When and will we trigger Article 50 to formally notify the EU that the UK is leaving?

· Will we still have access to the single market?

· What does Brexit really mean for the UK economy?

· Will it affect the UK’s standing in the world?

· Will Scotland hold another Independence Referendum?

All these questions are important because they affect businesses in the UK and how they can plan ahead – also for investment in the UK from other countries it’s important the message is that we genuinely are still open for business. What happens next will also affect the exchange and the pound against the Australian dollar.

If you need to transfer money overseas?

In this climate of change and uncertainty, if you need to transfer money to or from Australia, it is more important than ever to speak to an expert foreign exchange company.

Exchange experts moneycorp can provide free expert guidance and information on the exchange rates - they offer competitive exchange rates, often beating the banks by up to 4%. Importantly they also provide expert guidance on when to transfer your money. As the exchange rate is always moving this is an important feature which can help you to save money.

You can register for a free moneycorp account by clicking here. Once registered you will have your own account manager who can discuss your money transfer requirements in detail.

Find out more information on the Poms in Oz currency zone- http://moneytransfer.pomsinoz.com/

Please mention Poms in Oz when contacting moneycorp for free transfer fees.

Just couple of fiscal points that I heard today .

Germany sells the uk 15 billion euros worth of goods a year ...that's a lot to lose .

16% of e.u business is with the u.k .

67% of scotlands business is with the rest of the u.k ...as opposed to 15% with the e.u .

Just a few pointers i heard today .

However it plays out , England will survive ..

No worries

1 person likes this

Just couple of fiscal points that I heard today .

Germany sells the uk 15 billion euros worth of goods a year ...that's a lot to lose .

16% of e.u business is with the u.k .

67% of scotlands business is with the rest of the u.k ...as opposed to 15% with the e.u .

Just a few pointers i heard today .

However it plays out , England will survive ..

No worries

Of course England will survive. The question is though, will it thrive?

If mere survival is the goal for Brexit then proponents are aiming pretty low. Unless the country and its citizens are demonstrably better off 10 years from now there has to be questionmarks over the rightness of this decision.

1 person likes this

while his family are still in Europe they are saving the taxpayer thousands in education expenses. If you took the benefits away, and they moved the family over here, it would cost us much much more.

that's besides the point no one should be able to pop in to the UK like its a Tesco and pick up what they want and leave without paying for it milk the UK dry its been going on for years and if you ever say hey guys I don't think what your doing is right you get labelled a racist.

1 person likes this

that's besides the point no one should be able to pop in to the UK like its a Tesco and pick up what they want and leave without paying for it milk the UK dry its been going on for years and if you ever say hey guys I don't think what your doing is right you get labelled a racist.

I think you only get labelled a racist if you focus solely on the negatives of immigration whilst disregarding any positives.

the guy is paying his taxes, and saving the UK a small fortune. How is that besides the point?

I think you only get labelled a racist if you focus solely on the negatives of immigration whilst disregarding any positives.
I think you get labelled a racist when you say you don't like immigration because you don't like foreign people.

I think you get labelled a racist when you say you don't like immigration because you don't like foreign people.

No, that would be a self-proclaimed racist.

you get called a racist because someone wants to call you a racist, and if you argue the point it effectively enforces the claim, as much as not arguing it (not denying the claim) rock and a hard place! Racism claims are used as a weapons by many and not as tools.

1 person likes this

you get called a racist because someone wants to call you a racist, and if you argue the point it effectively enforces the claim, as much as not arguing it (not denying the claim) rock and a hard place! Racism claims are used as a weapons by many and not as tools.

Nobody has ever called me a racist.

Nobody has ever called me a racist.

Not saying they have, but if they wanted to they could!

Posted (edited)

the UK needsimmigration and there are a lot of good people that come to the UK to work hardand play by the rules. What I'm trying to get at is the services of the UK aregetting abused for instance people are flying into the UK to get hospitaltreatment not paying the bill and flying home the UK taxpayer is left to footthe bill. I I believe in a fair and inclusive society where everyone contributesequally and safeguards are put in place such as benefits and a national healthservice to ensure a decent standard of living is achievable for all thepopulation what I don't believe is people abusing the system for their owngain.

For example, ifthe UK was to impose an immigration system such as the one Australia has therewould be an outcry words such as “racist” would be widespread. The main problemin the UK is that too many low skill workers come in some who cannot speak Englishat all. Which makes integrating with the British society difficult and findinga job incredibly hard.

Brexit has comeabout because people have been ignored and investment has not been put intothis country the north of England has been forgotten I was in Birmingham a fewmonths ago and I can say I was trulyshocked at the number of homeless people I have lived in London all my live andnever saw anything as bad as what I saw there, it’s a sad time we livehopefully with the brexit we can reorganize and put in measures to ensure thatthe national interest protected and the UK can begin to prosper again.

Edited by wertu113

the UK needsimmigration and there are a lot of good people that come to the UK to work hardand play by the rules. What I'm trying to get at is the services of the UK aregetting abused for instance people are flying into the UK to get hospitaltreatment not paying the bill and flying home the UK taxpayer is left to footthe bill. I I believe in a fair and inclusive society where everyone contributesequally and safeguards are put in place such as benefits and a national healthservice to ensure a decent standard of living is achievable for all thepopulation what I don't believe is people abusing the system for their owngain.

For example, ifthe UK was to impose an immigration system such as the one Australia has therewould be an outcry words such as “racist” would be widespread. The main problemin the UK is that too many low skill workers come in some who cannot speak Englishat all. Which makes integrating with the British society difficult and findinga job incredibly hard.

Brexit has comeabout because people have been ignored and investment has not been put intothis country the north of England has been forgotten I was in Birmingham a fewmonths ago and I can say I was trulyshocked at the number of homeless people I have lived in London all my live andnever saw anything as bad as what I saw there, it’s a sad time we livehopefully with the brexit we can reorganize and put in measures to ensure thatthe national interest protected and the UK can begin to prosper again.

Everyone should have a dream I suppose. Those kind Tories will put right the wrongs imposed on the poor and the north of England by those nasty Europeans. Good luck with that.

Everyone should have a dream I suppose. Those kind Tories will put right the wrongs imposed on the poor and the north of England by those nasty Europeans. Good luck with that.
Hilarious, everyone who voted for Brexit is a racist, you can't help yourself but roll out the tired old mantra that if you believe in migration control, it must be because you are a racist.

I have made assumptions because of race before. We all do. Some of us recognise it and adjust. Some don't. But racial hatred is a different thing.

The Tories are not kind but neither are the Labour Party. They are following their own self seeking agendas- same the whole world over I'm afraid. Hope the UK make it with Brexit- reminds me of the old domino theory because I think others will follow now.

why do we have record low unemployment and record levels of immigration?

Hilarious, everyone who voted for Brexit is a racist, you can't help yourself but roll out the tired old mantra that if you believe in migration control, it must be because you are a racist.
he didn't mention race. He was questioning the focus of the Tory party.

he didn't mention race. He was questioning the focus of the Tory party.
those nasty Europeans.

Give me a break, try and twist it however you want, it's obvious what he meant.

I'm sorry mate. I don't see it. There was no mention of race.

The Tories are not kind but neither are the Labour Party. They are following their own self seeking agendas- same the whole world over I'm afraid. Hope the UK make it with Brexit- reminds me of the old domino theory because I think others will follow now.
sexit?

i don't want this to turn into an argument all I was trying to say was if you talk about immigration to the UK and point out even one negative consequence you get labelled a racist plain and simple.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

i don't want this to turn into an argument all I was trying to say was if you talk about immigration to the UK and point out even one negative consequence you get labelled a racist plain and simple.

You won't get an argument from me, because I agree with you, it's long been a tactic of the left to label anyone advocates controlled migration as racist.

Edited by amibovered
1 person likes this