police checks

Guest kc

Hi I am new to the site and in the middle of applying for my stni visa.My application has been acknowledeged but as of yet we have not been give a caseworker.I just wondered about the police checks...who and how do you do that is it via the UK police force??Also do the DIMA send a list of medical doctors for the medicals?

Thanks

Guest mr_nastey

Hello kc,

Welcome to this forum, you will find it friendly and invaluable.

For your police checks you should go to your local Police Station and ask for a form to obtain your 'Person Record'. You then fill this in and return it to the Police Station (in person) with a tenner attached and about a month later you will recieve your person record through the door. I wouldn't recommend doing this too early though as they are only valid for a year. Some police forces allow you to download the forms from their website.

As for your medicals, you need to contact a 'Panel Doctor' to arrange them. You can find your local panel Dr. at the following link:

http://www.dimia.gov.au/contacts/overseas/u/united-kingdom/panel-doctors.htm

Regards

Steve.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi KC

You can also download the meds forms from here:

http://www.uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/Visas%5fand%5fMigration.html

Forms 26 & 160 are the two for the Meds.

However, do bear in mind that technically, the meds and the police checks only have a shelf-life of 12 months. DIMA can extend them a little, but that is at the discretion of the CO. When you get the visa, you will be given an Initial Entry Date. Everyone included in the application must enter Australia before that date. The IED is usually a day or two before the meds or the pccs - whichever were earlier - become a year old.

Therefore if you are considering frontloading either of these, do think carefully about when to do so. It doesn't really matter about the cops - their check is cheap enough but the meds are expensive so you wouldn't want to have to get those done twice.

If you look on here, there is a thread about the processing times and I think the STNI visa appears in that list. You can get the updated list every Monday evening or Tuesday by sending a completely blank e-mail to aspc.processing@immi.gov.au The machine sends you an autoreply with the updated information.

Keep an eye on that, because it tells you which lodgement dates they are allocating COs to, so you can get a feel for the timescale. Austimeline is good for this purpose too.

I would say that, ideally, you don't want to do the meds and police till about a month before you get a CO, so that you will have a good long period available in which to make the Initial Entry once the visa is granted. The Initial Entry trip can just be a short rekkie trip if you wish. You are not required to move to Oz fully immediately.

Cheers

Gill

Archived