189 Visa RPL - Migration Agent

jonnyah

I'm 34 years old and I've just finished writing my RPL for the Network and Systems Engineer 189 Visa, and I'm gathering work references for the last 8 years with the intention of submitting the skills assessment within the next couple of months. I have also just graduated in a MsC Advanced Security and Digital Forensics.

I have just over 10 years of work experience and would intend to submit the full Visa application next year once I have requisite 11 years working experience. All experience is closely related to the Network and Systems Engineer SOL.

I have a 18 month old son and a wife who works as a Personal Assistant.

Can anyone tell me how long the Skills Assessment is valid for, do I need to apply for the full Visa within 12 months or so?

How convoluted is the whole application process and is it worth while hiring a Visa Agency to assist? I'm fairly confident in my abilities to complete the required forms but I would rather not waste money on failed visa applications.

Any advise would be appreciated!

Most skills assessment are valid for 3 years I believe. It's possible to do it alone if you case is straight forward. I have did my wife and I and have got a grant last week. You have to do a lot of research but it's worth it if you can. Reckon we have saved £3000.