Skill Assessment Acceptance Criteria

Arno

I would like to know if there is any chance for Immigration to accept my skill assessment.

I originally apply for 885 but was refused in 2014 due to my IELTS result (not able to meet all 7). From that application, I obtained a skill assessment as Biochemist from Vetassess.

Between 2014 and 2017, I held visa 457 but unable to apply for 187 as the company is not offering me a job in 2017.

Now I am thinking to apply for visa 189 under Medical Laboratory Scientist. However I do not have a skill assessment from AIMS for this occupation. I have 4 years work experience as Medical Scientist in Australia. And I am applying for Medical Scientist Membership from AIMS (not for migration purposes).

My question is if there is any chance the Immigration would invite me to apply for visa 189 (via EOI) accepting I have:

-positive skill assessment as Biochemist

-Membership from AIMS

-4 years work experience as Medical Scientist in Australia

And is there any chance of obtaining approval of visa 189?

P.S. I have studied high school and University in Australia and I have been living in Perth for 15 years. And I pass IETLS 7s now.

Thank you for your attention.

If you do not have a positive pre-migration skills assessment in an occupation, you cannot successfully nominate it.

Biochemists must be nominated by a state or territory, or an employer. No state or territory is currently nominating biochemists.

Medical scientist is flagged for possible removal from the skilled occupation lists.

You cannot claim points for work experience in an occupation that is not 'closely related' to your nominated occupation.

May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent for advice about developing a visa strategy?