Nursing job applications

Finding jobs in SA is proving more difficult than I imagined despite being issued a 190 visa (Not qualified to do theatres/recovery which is where most of the positions are advertised). Any advice on where to look nurses out there??

But wanted to ask whether anyone can advise whether there is much difference in Australian job applications to UK ones? Asking because when jobs do come up I don't want to be pushed out because I didn't have the right things on my application rather than because I am not qualified.

Finding jobs in SA is proving more difficult than I imagined despite being issued a 190 visa (Not qualified to do theatres/recovery which is where most of the positions are advertised). Any advice on where to look nurses out there??

But wanted to ask whether anyone can advise whether there is much difference in Australian job applications to UK ones? Asking because when jobs do come up I don't want to be pushed out because I didn't have the right things on my application rather than because I am not qualified.

Here in WA applications are different, there is a selection criteria which is best to be addressed separately in addition to your CV.

Have you thought of getting your first job through an agency? It would probably be much easier to get your second job once you're there.

Try SA Health and any other job site that advertises nursejobs.It might take time but keep plugging away it's not impossible. CVs (resume) is generally the same but Australia likes a cover letter hitting the selection criteria giving examples using STAR (Situation,Task,Action & Result).

I am not a nurse but just managed to get a job offer with SA Health doing just that. They also offered a Skype interview which was a first for me. Had to jump through a few other hoops but all done from the UK.

Good luck and keep on trying as it is still possible to secure a job from the UK even though I realise it is much harder than it was.

If I can help just ask.