Labour landslide in WA. Blueprint for Australia?

newjez

I really don't think that either Liberal or Labour are up for the job in WA or federally.   They all seem to be about bad mouthing everyone else, making promises and not following through, and just looking out for themselves..... and don't even think about the precious green ones!    But what alternative is there?   Maybe federally Cory Bernardi will be the answer... or maybe Pauline will be.    Too many minor parties actually to make any difference and I can't see why some of the similar ones don't join forces to seriously compete with the main two parties.   I must say though that what I have seen of McGowan so far, he seems to be basically sticking to his guns, so perhaps he might be the answer that WA needs.   I just know that Colin needed to be gone, and I do wonder that if he had been replaced last year, whether the Libs would have polled more in WA.   Guessing we will all be tightening our belts in the future as the cost of everything will skyrocket! 

3 hours ago, Rossmoyne said:

I really don't think that either Liberal or Labour are up for the job in WA or federally.   They all seem to be about bad mouthing everyone else, making promises and not following through, and just looking out for themselves..... and don't even think about the precious green ones!    But what alternative is there?   Maybe federally Cory Bernardi will be the answer... or maybe Pauline will be.    Too many minor parties actually to make any difference and I can't see why some of the similar ones don't join forces to seriously compete with the main two parties.   I must say though that what I have seen of McGowan so far, he seems to be basically sticking to his guns, so perhaps he might be the answer that WA needs.   I just know that Colin needed to be gone, and I do wonder that if he had been replaced last year, whether the Libs would have polled more in WA.   Guessing we will all be tightening our belts in the future as the cost of everything will skyrocket! 

At least you have preferential voting, so votes for small parties aren't wasted. Can't believe they voted against that in the UK.

Well few with insight would give too much hope on any side of Australian politics, saying that very glad that ALP has replaced the former Barnett government, which was long over due its stay and apparently clueless as to direction, not unlike its Federal namesakes.

I'd have thought overseas experience of far right populist movements would point out the destructive forces they behold. Okay to a degree to agitate from the sidelines, just don't allow them to get into a position of power. Their authoritarian stance usually witnesses an implosion from within. Hanson's party has witnessed as such in WA.

We in WA have been incredibly poorly governed with lobby groups calling the shots and little apart from debt to show from the recent 'boom'.

One thing the myth that the Lib's are better economic managers has clearly been proved a fallacy. One just hopes the new government can turn sentiment around and take this state in the direction it surely should be in a sustainable and inclusive way.

Yep Labor won in WA . Promised us in our suburb that he will give us a 24 hour police station . All the Labor  voters were going see he done as he promised . Yep he did , he just failed to tell everyone if they got a 24 hour police station he would take 23 cops off the beat . Always the little sting in the tail they forget to mention .