job interview? moving to melbourne

jinnymoo

Morning All. Tuesday morning sees me having a phone interview for a brand new private hospital in Moorabin,

Been in Adelaide almost 9 years, and never really considered a BIG move again.....however, this is , potentially, a good career move for me, and maybe, more opportunities for the family....

Been doing a LOT of internet searching, and yes, we can rent, with a view to buying, within our budget, and whilst waiting to market and, hopefully sell, our house here.

focusing on Bentleigh/ Berwick/ Lyndhurst areas initially, but would really appreciate some "local" knowledge.

Has anyone made the move interstate? Cost of moving here seems more expensive than the jump from Blighty!!

im probably "jumping the gun" but it cant help to do some groundwork, eh???

Any help would be gratefully recieved.

Cheers, and have a great weekend

Jane.

Hi, we've been in Melb for 3 months after an unsuccessful start to our adventure in QLD. I can't offer much local knowledge about the Moorabin area other than we are using a caravan repair guy down in Cheltenham at the moment and so I know there's a DFO shopping centre and a decent sized Costco nearby. We were only in QLD 3 months before moving down and our stuff was still in storage after just clearing customs so we didn't need a packing company yet we still found the cost rather high to get everything from QLD to VIC compared to getting it from the UK.