IOM - Discounted Flights from UK/Extra Baggage Allowance

FMR

Hello

I'm looking to book our one way flights from Scotland to Melbourne this weekend. I'm looking at Emirates however have read on other forums that IOM (International Organization for Migration) can obtain discounted flights and increased baggage allowances for migrants entering Australia with an invalidated visa.

Does anyone have any experience of going through IOM recently? I emailed them a couple of days ago but no response yet and want to book flights asap incase prices increase (but equally don't want to miss an opportunity to get a cheaper fare/increased baggage allowance if such a thing does indeed exist)!

Thanks in advance!

Guest The Pom Queen

I didn't know they were still trading. I know a few years back people realised it was cheaper to organise everything themselves.

Thanks, that's interesting. They appear to still be operating as I got a very quick response from their Australian office (directing me to their London one). Perhaps their remit has changed but they do still refer to discounted flights/extra baggage on their website. I'm usually one for organising everything myself but having just missed out on an Emirates sale I was hoping there might be one last chance to make a saving/get more baggage allowance!

From what I've read about them the issue is that they don't give you much choice as to what airline to use, or times/dates to fly. If you have preferences on routes, transfer airports etc then you are better off booking yourself. If you don't care who you go with then they might work out cheaper, but I'd spend some time comparing prices before you book.

Hello

I'm looking to book our one way flights from Scotland to Melbourne this weekend. I'm looking at Emirates however have read on other forums that IOM (International Organization for Migration) can obtain discounted flights and increased baggage allowances for migrants entering Australia with an invalidated visa.

Does anyone have any experience of going through IOM recently? I emailed them a couple of days ago but no response yet and want to book flights asap incase prices increase (but equally don't want to miss an opportunity to get a cheaper fare/increased baggage allowance if such a thing does indeed exist)!

Thanks in advance!

Look at flying from London (with Singapore airlines). They have some very cheap fares at the moment (we researched and found one way fares for just over £300 each). Virgin Trains are also having a seat sale just now and we also found two adult tickets to London (first class) for £70 in total.

Singapore and some other airlines may also give you additional luggage allowance if migrating with invalidated PR visas. You will need to check with them direct. Also make sure you use all your hand baggage allowance. You can fit a lot in a regulation cabin bad and a largish handbag plus a coat which are usually allowed on long haul.