Packaging boxes etc

SimonandSian

Ok, so this might be a bit trivial in the grand scheme of things, but...

We have just been granted our 189 visa and are starting to get organised with packing etc.

Boxes seem to range in quality and price quite a bit on the internet.

Does anyone have a company/brand that they would recommend? Good quality and affordable?

Many thanks!!

Guest Priscilla101

Depends how much you're moving. I moved my 3bed house with a move cube. But as no wood allowed I didn't bring furniture or beds etc. was easy

Thanks, we also are looking to move a 3 bed house but haven't decided on specifics.

We were going to move kitchen table and chairs/sofas/beds but interested in what you said about wood. Does the ban on wood relate to the company you used or is it a general rule? Bit worried now!

• 3 weeks later...
On 10 March 2017 at 0:45 PM, SimonandSian said:

Thanks, we also are looking to move a 3 bed house but haven't decided on specifics.

We were going to move kitchen table and chairs/sofas/beds but interested in what you said about wood. Does the ban on wood relate to the company you used or is it a general rule? Bit worried now!

You can bring wooden furniture.  There is a lot of reading up to do but take a look at the packing tips esoecially. http://www.agriculture.gov.au/travelling/moving-immigrating

Only untreated wood is frowned upon by Aussie customs, most normal furniture is fine.

I agree about buying second hand there seem to be plenty for sale but dont go too overboard if yor using shippers because anything id boxed just got placed in one of their boxes with Logos on so didnt save any money boxing stuff myself,lol

Cal x

• Like 1