Back 1.5 weeks

JimSydney

Hi All,

been back in in the U.K. For 1.5 weeks now. So far it has been very busy. We rented out our home for the last 6.5 years and the tenants have not been very kind to it. Currently spending time redecorating and getting it looking great again. Enjoying the change from office work and it is helping to keep me busy.

All has has been ok, good to see family. The first few days were a shock, but starting to settle slowly. The weather was good today which made a huge difference.

Lots more to do, including finding a job. But currently focusing on fixing the house and getting into our own place, as we are currently with my parents.

Have missed oz a fair bit and my wife has also. Our three year old also misses her Aussie home and talks about it a lot. I am sure this will pass quickly. We plan on giving the uk a good go and hope to move to the south coast in the next couple of months.

James

It is good to hear that you are back. It is a shame about the house and the tenants not treating it well. Look on it this way though; you have a place to go back to when it is sorted. That is one of the major benefits of not selling and cutting all the ties with the UK, when you leave. We are in the same position as we didn’t sell our house and have it rented out. Ready for us to move back into if we wish when we return. Hopefully, all the work that you have to do is cosmetic and a bit of a face lifts, rather than structural.

Bet it was a nice shock though the first few days. The good thing is that you will be going into the nicer weather now. That will make a big different, rather than getting back into the cold dark nights.

Hopefully, you will be in the position that you can take your time finding a job. That way you get the house sorted how you want it, before you move in.

What you will find is that once you have things to start taking your time up, you won’t miss Oz as much. Your three year old will soon forget about it. New friends at day-care and such like will all help. You too will make friends, go out to places and stop thinking about the old life so much.

Hi All,

been back in in the U.K. For 1.5 weeks now. So far it has been very busy. We rented out our home for the last 6.5 years and the tenants have not been very kind to it. Currently spending time redecorating and getting it looking great again. Enjoying the change from office work and it is helping to keep me busy.

All has has been ok, good to see family. The first few days were a shock, but starting to settle slowly. The weather was good today which made a huge difference.

Lots more to do, including finding a job. But currently focusing on fixing the house and getting into our own place, as we are currently with my parents.

Have missed oz a fair bit and my wife has also. Our three year old also misses her Aussie home and talks about it a lot. I am sure this will pass quickly. We plan on giving the uk a good go and hope to move to the south coast in the next couple of months.

James

its winter and grey, the when the long warm balmy nights kick in especially on the coast oz will be a distant dream...trust me.

• 2 weeks later...