What to expect awaiting DIBP to contact ex

missmoffitt

Hi

I am just after a bit of advice about what to expect next. We lodged Aug and had a request for extra info Oct (form 80 & form 47a for our 18yr old & form 1229 for other children which we resent). 02 Feb 2017, we have been asked for extra contact details for my ex husband so they can contact him regarding the consent. It states that they have been unable to contact him. I sent this information 5th Feb and my ex states that noone had contacted him or tried to.

We have resent the information and it has now been over the 28 days.

My question is, how many times will they continue to contact him and what would happen if they are unsuccessful. Our police checks and medicals run out at the beginning of September so naturally my thoughts are heading to us running out of time to activate visa.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

• 5 months later...

Hi there

fortunately and surprisingly they managed to get hold of my ex first time. This was only a few weeks ago though. Have you still not heard whether they have managed to get hold of him? I'm not sure what would happen if they couldn't reach him. Could it be that your ex maybe just isn't answering the call? I know that would be something mine would do but fortunately for me they must have got him on a good day ??

Hi Cheryl 

I didn't think it was but I was new to the process so I didn't know. I thought the form 1229 and a copy of the driving licence would suffice but they'll need to satisfy their requirements. I guess anyone could sign the consent form and maybe get hold of a copy of the ex's driving licence. By law I didn't actually need his consent as I'm the only one with parental responsibility as my son was born before the law changed in December 2003 so I provided evidence of that backed up with a solicitors letter. My ex then changed his mind and signed the consent form. Maybe because I'd submitted evidence that I didn't require his permission then at a later date a consent form they thought it was a little confusing and thought they better check. I have seen other posts on here about the CO contacting the ex so I don't think it's unusual. It was however a quick phone call, they asked did he understand the consequences of his son moving abroad etc and did he give his permission.

Suzy ?

2 hours ago, Monks said:

Hi Cheryl 

I didn't think it was but I was new to the process so I didn't know. I thought the form 1229 and a copy of the driving licence would suffice but they'll need to satisfy their requirements. I guess anyone could sign the consent form and maybe get hold of a copy of the ex's driving licence. By law I didn't actually need his consent as I'm the only one with parental responsibility as my son was born before the law changed in December 2003 so I provided evidence of that backed up with a solicitors letter. My ex then changed his mind and signed the consent form. Maybe because I'd submitted evidence that I didn't require his permission then at a later date a consent form they thought it was a little confusing and thought they better check. I have seen other posts on here about the CO contacting the ex so I don't think it's unusual. It was however a quick phone call, they asked did he understand the consequences of his son moving abroad etc and did he give his permission.

Suzy ?

Thanks Suzy, god knows what my ex may say if they contact him ?