Pension help

Bronte

My understanding is from reading the OZ gov websites

That you have to be in OZ for at least the last 2 years before your pension age to claim the Aussie pension, after that you can have it paid to you even when you live overseas. Also if you live overseas as a pensioner, your residency time in OZ may have an impact on how much you would get, I think you have to have something like 35 years residency to get the full amount.

the UK and Australia have no reciprocal pension agreement anymore.

maybe post in Pension / Finance section in this Forum to some prof. Advice

It's payable for so many weeks at the full rate, excluding some allowances, that you would be entitled to in Aus, but then drops to a figure calculated by the no. of years you have been here up to age 65 over 35 years, in my case 33/35 years × full rate. Can't remember how long before it reduced, but they told me in a letter when i notified them i was going. If you qualified for a small uk pension you can apply for a higher rate while you are in UK or Europe.

You need 35 years working life as they call it between the age of 16 and retirement to qualify for the full Australian pension to be paid in the uk If you haven't got the full requirement it's worked out on a pro rata basis and Roos after I think it's 26 weeks ( that could have changed ) Centrelink can tell you exactly what you will get but do try to get it in writing as you can get different information depending on whom you speak to

You also need to be claiming the Centrelink pension prior to leaving Australia it can't be claimed once over seas