You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sunset

Pauline Hanson racist or True Blue Aussie?

Or are they the same?
Australia is one of the most multicultural countries in the world. But it isn't without it's problems.

Pauline Hanson is entitled to her opinions and thats all they are "opinions"!

It's unfortunate because you can't have a rational discussion on immigration with people like her around.

She is a racist, a horrible witch of a woman but she has a big following, not unsurprisingly as we certainly found Australia to be one of the more racist countries with the racism often passed off as jokes.

Loving life in Gods Country. Woohoo, look at me. 

I don't think she is a racist i think she is very passionate about her country, but does tend to say things in a non political way which i suppose a lot of people can relate with. A bit like old Donald over the pond.

Without a doubt racist. Vile woman. Much like Donald is a vile man.

Adolf Hitler was "passionate" about his country too!

Edited by Bound4Tassie

Partner Visa 309/100 Applied for - 23/6/15CO assigned (WP) 1/9/15Medical Completed 29/12/15Police Check uploaded 12/01/16GRANTED 21/01/16!!!!

So is any leader really, the notion of tarring the ones you don't like with those of war criminals is just silly really. I have no following of either of them but i can see what they are saying that said i don't agree with the tone or words used in the context of especially, but she does make some valid points with a honest passion unlike most members of parliament don't you think?

So is any leader really, the notion of tarring the ones you don't like with those of war criminals is just silly really. I have no following of either of them but i can see what they are saying that said i don't agree with the tone or words used in the context of especially, but she does make some valid points with a honest passion unlike most members of parliament don't you think?
A rational reply

Having trouble making a decision for this next WA vote, might go with the save daylight mob or the free beer and cheese society?

Duck, incoming.

I'm just saying being passionate about it doesn't make racism OK!

Partner Visa 309/100 Applied for - 23/6/15CO assigned (WP) 1/9/15Medical Completed 29/12/15Police Check uploaded 12/01/16GRANTED 21/01/16!!!!

Having trouble making a decision for this next WA vote, might go with the save daylight mob or the free beer and cheese society?

free beer and cheese for me, daylight saving is on a par with voting for Hanson!

free beer and cheese for me, daylight saving is on a par with voting for Hanson!

Lookslikewebothmadesarcasticcomments.

She is a racist, a horrible witch of a woman but she has a big following, not unsurprisingly as we certainly found Australia to be one of the more racist countries with the racism often passed off as jokes.

I tend to agree. I suspect that though that there are just as many racists in any country but in some countries they have learnt to conceal it better. On a few occasions here I have been a little taken aback with comments openly expressed that I had not heard in the UK for 30 to 40 years but then I am generally mixing with older white men in an area which is almost racially pure -which has a tendency to encourage unfiltered expression.

Personally I find Hanson very difficult to listen to. She is at least sincere (much more so than Trump who is an out and out charlatan) but, essentially, ignorant. She appeals to the extremely narrow-minded I am sure.

Edited by Gbye grey sky

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

I read her maiden speech, whilst I disagree with her point of view it was more articulate and coherent than I was expecting. When I first arrived her 20 years ago I got in a taxi and the cab driver ranted o about how wonderful she was. He then asked me how I was going to vote in the upcoming election to which I replied I was a migrant so couldn't vote. He was gobsmacked as I am very clearly white.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-15/pauline-hanson-maiden-speech-2016/7847136

I believe she is racist and what is more she clearly suffers from her inability to research anything before opening her mouth. She stumbles over the most basic sentence when in the public and has an horrific dres sense.............as a politician she'll go far :laugh:

I believe she is racist and what is more she clearly suffers from her inability to research anything before opening her mouth. She stumbles over the most basic sentence when in the public and has an horrific dres sense.............as a politician she'll go far :laugh:

OnthatbasisshestandsalongsideoldTonyandhisbudgies.

I read her maiden speech, whilst I disagree with her point of view it was more articulate and coherent than I was expecting. When I first arrived her 20 years ago I got in a taxi and the cab driver ranted o about how wonderful she was. He then asked me how I was going to vote in the upcoming election to which I replied I was a migrant so couldn't vote. He was gobsmacked as I am very clearly white.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-15/pauline-hanson-maiden-speech-2016/7847136

you don't have a Scottish accent? My car share, born and bred in Scotland, but with a Nigerian father, told me of an incident in a supermarket queue where someone told her to f off back to where she came from. I asked if they meant Scotland or Nigeria?

OnthatbasisshestandsalongsideoldTonyandhisbudgies.
I assume it's doing the no spaces thing again? Don't tab down.

Now us Pauline the long lost cousin of the guy in the US or the miner in WA?

Either way both keep their distance

Reading today shes blaming the libs for her poor showing in WA, no seats and no real gains.

you don't have a Scottish accent? My car share, born and bred in Scotland, but with a Nigerian father, told me of an incident in a supermarket queue where someone told her to f off back to where she came from. I asked if they meant Scotland or Nigeria?

No I do not. Fortunately I don't have a brummy accent either, which as I an from there would be more likely. The Scots in my house all have 4 paws and a tail.

No I do not. Fortunately I don't have a brummy accent either, which as I an from there would be more likely. The Scots in my house all have 4 paws and a tail.

YAMYAM:laugh: