Coomera waters or north west Sydney suburbs

steve and nic g

Hi guys , really struggling with where to decide to settle we love the look of coomera waters and the life style it has to offer but not sure on mosquitoes are there loads of them also , work as my husband would be site supervisor in construction and schools for kids as we have 4 , 1 in uni and 3 in secondary ? . We are looking at paying no more than $800 a week rental but want to be sonwhere where there is plenty to do .

Any personal recommendations would be greatly appreciated ???

Hi guys , really struggling with where to decide to settle we love the look of coomera waters and the life style it has to offer but not sure on mosquitoes are there loads of them also , work as my husband would be site supervisor in construction and schools for kids as we have 4 , 1 in uni and 3 in secondary  . We are looking at paying no more than $800 a week rental but want to be sonwhere where there is plenty to do .

Any personal recommendations would be greatly appreciated 

Does he have job offers in both places?

CW - I live across the river at Sanctuary Cove, mozzies are not a huge problem but define 'plenty to do', its not Las Vegas, they have a small town centre with a few shops, cafe's and (I think) a pub, its quite isolated too with the nearest bridge across the river several km's away basically its at the end of a cul-de-sac. In the 5 years I've lived nearby I've been there once, no real reason to. Lots to do here in SC but its more expensive. Maybe have a look at Hope Island but again its not exactly party-central.

NW Syd, that's a big area, where do you mean? Maybe more to do but you'll get less for your money there. Mind you, I lived in Kellyville a long time ago and it was just a giant housing estate, not much to do there either, suburbia in Aus can be very, very quiet.

Jobs are the key, start there.

Been in Coomera Waters for nearly 10 years and its an amazing place. Yes it does have mozzies but the advantages far outweigh the negatives. Can't imagine living anywhere else as the community makes you feel very welcome. Can't comment on NW Sydney but you won't go far wrong with CW. Plus with the added advantage of the town centre coming everything will be close by.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Hi , thanks for that was looking at kellyville and west pennant hills and marsden park in north Sydney but agree you don't get as much for your money in Sydney . No we don't have job offers yet we will just be arriving on a 189 PR visa and job hunting on arrival . Wasn't looking for nightlife more nice restaurants, cafes that you can walk to and sports for the kids to do also ease of transport for my 19 year old to get about .

Hi Donna thanks for that , do the mozzies stop you going to the beach or sitting out in your garden and are they all year round ? I see you have an 18 year old , my eldest is 19 , is your son able to have a good social life as I don't want my eldest to be bored or feel lost ☹️ . When will the town centre be finished and what will it have there ? Many thanks for taking time to reply

Hi , thanks for that was looking at kellyville and west pennant hills and marsden park in north Sydney but agree you don't get as much for your money in Sydney . No we don't have job offers yet we will just be arriving on a 189 PR visa and job hunting on arrival . Wasn't looking for nightlife more nice restaurants, cafes that you can walk to and sports for the kids to do also ease of transport for my 19 year old to get about . ?

I lived in Kellyville for a while and it is immense, unless you're right on the edge you can't really walk anywhere, no shops, no restaurants (unless you count the mean fiddler, shudder), just endless rolling hills of houses and the odd park. I think WPH is similar but not sure, it is cheap by Sydney standards though.

You don't see many mozzies in the winter but they do like new blood! Everybody is different in the way they suffer at the hands of mozzies. If you use the right protection you are fine. Definitely work plenty of vitamin B into your diet as the mozzies are supposed to take a dislike to vitamin B!

My 18 year old is living the dream! If there has been anyone in the family who has benefitted the most from the move, that would be our eldest. He is simply living the dream every single day. Kids have so much more here to do. We moved for them and they will thank us in years to come.

The work on the town centre has just started and the first stage is set to be finished at the end of next year. It will be amazing! Here is a link to a website that gives you more information about what will be going in there.

https://www.choicehomes.com.au/marketupdates/everything-you-needed-to-know-about-the-upcoming-coomera-town-centre

Hope that helps?

Edited by neildon

Hi , thanks for that was looking at kellyville and west pennant hills and marsden park in north Sydney but agree you don't get as much for your money in Sydney . No we don't have job offers yet we will just be arriving on a 189 PR visa and job hunting on arrival . Wasn't looking for nightlife more nice restaurants, cafes that you can walk to and sports for the kids to do also ease of transport for my 19 year old to get about .

I lived in Kellyville for a while and it is immense, unless you're right on the edge you can't really walk anywhere, no shops, no restaurants (unless you count the mean fiddler, shudder), just endless rolling hills of houses and the odd park. I think WPH is similar but not sure, it is cheap by Sydney standards though.

WPH is older and more established (and more expensive) as it's closer to the city, bigger houses and blocks etc and very green. Kellyville very large sprawling suburb mostly built 1990s & 2000s, all sorts here. Marsden Park is a newer development area where houses are being built now and it's a bit further out (Quite a lot further out than WPH)

In terms of restaurants & cafes that are walkable then the best place in the area IMO is Rouse Hill, the shopping centre there (Rouse Hill Town CEntre) has a really nice feel to it and there are an increasing number of bars, cafes and restaurants. The railway is also being constructed here now, open in 2019. Lots of open space in this area too and good schools

Coomera Waters I don't know at all as it's QLD. Housing will undoubtedly be more expensive in Sydney, it's the main drawback here. If you want to settle and buy a house then do your sums as this may be the crucial factor. Not a fan of making a huge move to the other side of the world and having to live on the edge all the time to make the rent/mortgage

The work situation in Sydney for construction is set very fair though for the foreseeable future (10+ years). Huge amount of infrastructure spend going on, 3-4x long term annual averages and that will keep going until 2025 with just the projects in play and funded now, let alone new ones. Housing and commercial development also busy and unlikely to slow down unless there is a property price crash. Which is always possible