Which Bank for dad on 12 month visitor visa ?

2 posts in this topic

Can I open an account for my dad, if so which ? he arrives in 3 weeks and wants to open his own account if possible and transfer UK money over through that period and use on return visits etc.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Cherries002,

At NAB Migrant Banking we open bank accounts for Migrants who are moving to Australia to work & live there. If you Dad is coming to visit for a holiday, we won't be able to open an account for him.

Your Dad will need to go to the following link to apply for a bank account before his arrival, once the application has been completed, the account will be opened within 3-5 working days. He will then receive a welcome letter with all the account details and the branh he needs to attend to have his identification meeting.

I have included the link for you:

All the best to  your Dad on his travels to Australia.



Migrant Banking Team


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now