How do I find out who owns the land next door?

benj1980

Guest The Pom Queen

We needed to get hold of the neighbours when we lived in Townsville and we were lucky to have a friend who was an agent as they could type in the address and it provided them with the owners details. They asked them to make contact with us. We could have also gone to the police as their alarm had been going off for 24 hours when the tenants moved out and they lived 12 hours away.

Is there a land agent who sold you your block and maybe theirs they may know. Or council may be able to tell you.

Local council house and explain situation, if they can't give you the info ask if they could get in touch and pass on your details to said land owner.

We are looking to build on a retaining wall. Their neighbour to my right has already done this so I don't envisage any problems. We back onto them and the retaining wall is about 1 metre high on our side so building on my side would make the wall I need to build even higher if I want them to pay half some day!

We are looking to build on a retaining wall. Their neighbour to my right has already done this so I don't envisage any problems. We back onto them and the retaining wall is about 1 metre high on our side so building on my side would make the wall I need to build even higher if I want them to pay half some day!

Retaining walls are a whole different kettle of fish. Generally anything over 900mm high needs to be engineered designed and certified including as to how a fence will affix to it!.........also check local council regulations as to how such a wall sits at the Boundary line, it also usually has to sit wholly within one property too .......check with council