Study visas as a means of getting your foot in the door?

Guest muppetino

Guest muppetino

Hello everyone, and a quick statement/query to all: I've had pretty much of a gutfull here in Britain and have been to the OZ on a working holiday visa (2000) and drove a 'cruiser right around the country (including "Pajinka") etc in 2005. Pretty good! So, I'm looking at retraining in mechanics or maybe welding and reckon that if I train up in Aus in a MODL "in demand" area, then surely I can become eligible for some sort of work visa? I have an Aussie mate who is starting to commute from NSW to WA for mining work 'coz it's going mental over there. I have sent some Queries off to migration agencies, but would very much value some real life experiences from tradespeople out there. Can this be done? Also I have no illusions about how tough it can be out there. Cheers Muppetino :lol:

Guest muppetino

Hi Phil thanks for the interest, I've been a motorcycle courier in London for too long and have some self-taught mechanical skills (done some engine rebuilds etc) also private pilot with 150 hours, 40 of which light helicopter though lapsed now, would love to fly again but it's cut-throat and very expensive. Advised by a migration consultant that in the current climate I should be able to progress from successfully qualifying in a trade to work without having to demonstrate work experience first. I assume I would have to demonstrate a firm job offer to DIMA. Any thoughts?

Archived