Validating Visa

KazzE

Our application will include my children who are 21 and 17, both are still in full time education and are hoping to continue thier studies in OZ (well I am hoping they both will)

However, both are talking about travelling around europe before migrating, which would mean next summer after exams June onwards

If they want to start uni in 2008 I think we have to be there by Oct/Nov 2007

this may mean that I (or me and hubby) end up going out first and then they follow

and now to the point :lol:

Can we arrive at different times or do we all have to arrive to validate the visa at the same time?

I can see that timing is going to be a pain, we have no idea if the visa will be processed by then, which will mean the kids continuing education here or not continuing but also not able to get a job as they have to stay dependent on us (esp 21 year old)

When I know that I have passed TRA then I am considering going out and looking for work in Feb/March do you think this is a good idea?

will it speed up application if I have a job offer?

:oops: sorry turned into an essay.......................

thanks for listening :)

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi KazzE

The rule for validating a visa is that the Primary Applicant must enter Australia first. The secondary applicants can enter Oz later. However, everyone included in the application MUST enter Oz on or before the Initial Entry Date. (This rule is so bizarre that I reckon somebody provided a Roo with a biro.....!)

I can't help with the rest of your query. Hopefully others can and will.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Phil Olsen

Hi there

A couple of points you raise.

Your children are dependent now and I would suggest that they validate their visa's prior to travelling around Europe, in case they become non dependent and that may be a change in status.

Presumably you have applied on a Skilled Independent Visa, in which case you will be assessed on points. If you are offered a job here, that will not speed up the visa, although you may be able to apply for a temporary work visa in Australia pending your grant of visa.

Regards

Hi Phil,

one of the reasons for them travelling europe before we go is cost! europe so much near to UK than OZ :wink: and they are thinking the logistics and cost from OZ could make arrangements difficult

17yr old will most definatley go to uni in OZ

21yr old is looking into doing his 4th year/masters in OZ

Have you seen my TRA post?

Do you have to have worked in the occupation passed by TRA for any length of time before applying for a skilled independant visa?

Do you think that the fact that I have not worked in the occupation or have any evidence of working in that occupation in my work history for 15/20 years would be a problem?

sorry for all the questions, you are such a font of knowlege :)

many thanks

Karen

Archived