New Moreton Bay Rail to Brisbane CBD- experiences?

sm02fly

I get on the Kipparing line service at Strathpine and so far have had few problems. It is the only service that now stops at Strathpine as all of the Caboolture/Nambour trains no longer stop at Strathpine. My journey to work is quicker now by about 5 minutes as we no longer stop at 4 of the stations on route to the CBD.

In my view it has to be better than driving into the CBD or catching a bus. You can read, listen to music or snooze!

• 2 weeks later...

The problem is not the new railway line but the fact that Queensland Rail and the government are too stupid not to think that more drivers would be needed and not to plan properly, so services have been cut on all other lines. The first few weeks after the new line opened on the Caboolture line were great. Faster trains and more of them. Now there are fewer trains, more packed than before and they take longer. It's nearly as bad as London. I'm considering moving closer to town as I'm fed up of it

You should also be aware that QR expect it to take 2 years to clear the backlog and train up more drivers. Apparently someone forgot that a trainee driver needs a co-driver to sit with them for a period of time. The extra co-driver was not factored into the headcount when deciding how many extra drivers were needed to expand the service. Genius!

The problem is not the new railway line but the fact that Queensland Rail and the government are too stupid not to think that more drivers would be needed and not to plan properly, so services have been cut on all other lines. The first few weeks after the new line opened on the Caboolture line were great. Faster trains and more of them. Now there are fewer trains, more packed than before and they take longer. It's nearly as bad as London. I'm considering moving closer to town as I'm fed up of it

This is kind of irrelevant to the OP as they are looking to commute on the Kipparing line and not the Caboolture line. I travel on the Kipparing line and the only service that has been suspended due to lack of drivers since the timetable was introduced is one that comes through Strathpine around 7.31am. It sounds like your line has copped more disruption but that should not affect the OP's decision making as to whether to use the Kipparing line.

When the services were halved during the school hols I made regular complaints to Translink and additonal services were added at peak hour in the mornings. Not all my doing, but if you don't complain to the powers that be, they won't do anything....