Partner visa thread continuation........

carahunter4

Yes we are! I don't know about the fair as don't really go into Littlehampton. We come from Worthing the other direction before we moved here.

Where are you from then?

I live in Caterham which is just outside Croydon. Everyone has heard of Croydon haha.

Work with a few boys from the south coast, they're all a glutton for the southern rail punishment.

Just putting this out there, think I asked before but not sure if anyone answered. When you submit form 888 and the person writes how they know you and partner etc. Has anyone that has had their grants through know if the people were ever contacts by immigration? Just wondering ad they may show how the application is being processed. We submitted 5 form 888.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hi everyone,

Well we've been really busy! We've booked out flights for 23rd June, yippee :jiggy: We've booked a months accommodation with airbnb at Burleigh Heads on the Gold Coast that will allow the dog, to get us started. There's 3 nights gap so we're going to use those days to chill, possibly on the Sunshine Coast.

Now just focusing on working through the 800 lists I've written lol

Going to the Pet Shop Boys on Sunday for a bit of down time, booked ages ago but great timing! It's very easy to get all consumed with Aus but we're not there yet and want to make the most of the time we have here.

How's everyone else's plans going?

@Uhtred I'm a Foot Health Professional here (like a chiropodist) but they don't recognise my qualification over there. I'm not too worried atm as I'm happy to have a change and can always retrain later on if I want. I've done lots of sales jobs so will probably target that although staying open minded and going to see what takes my fancy. My husband works for a commercial building company as a surveyor/estimator/project manager (he's the one that got the main visa) so will look for those types of roles. We'll start the ground work soon.

Cara

Hi everyone!! Hope your all ok? So next week is the move to Australia!! House gone, removals sent, and now living with my family (which makes me want to more than ever!!)

i feel pretty calm and relaxed about it all if I'm honest, which is very unlike me!!

Probably one more trip to shopping to do some shopping, transfer the money to bank account, even booked ourselves into the No1 lounge before our flights!!

its a really happening!! We are initially going to be in pinkenba just out side the city of Brisbane (with mother in law ?) until we find somewhere around the mooloolaba/noosa/Sunshine Coast way!! My best friend not long relocated to Australia to Bli Bli so I would even consider that area!

If if anybody has any hints or tips for the move I would appreciate them and be more than welcome!!

p.s travelling with an active 21 month old and hyper 28 year old fiancé xx

Hi everyone!! Hope your all ok? So next week is the move to Australia!! House gone, removals sent, and now living with my family (which makes me want to more than ever!!)

i feel pretty calm and relaxed about it all if I'm honest, which is very unlike me!!

Probably one more trip to shopping to do some shopping, transfer the money to bank account, even booked ourselves into the No1 lounge before our flights!!

its a really happening!! We are initially going to be in pinkenba just out side the city of Brisbane (with mother in law ?) until we find somewhere around the mooloolaba/noosa/Sunshine Coast way!! My best friend not long relocated to Australia to Bli Bli so I would even consider that area!

If if anybody has any hints or tips for the move I would appreciate them and be more than welcome!!

Well done. Have a fantastic time. We are moving to Noosa aswell.

How exciting! Only a week to go, sounds like you're all organised though which must feel good.

I know what you mean as I also feel calmer than I thought I would although there is still 3 1/2 months to go so plenty of time yet....:goofy:

Keep us updated....... and good luck with the travelling :smile: (In our case I'm the hyperactive one, all my hubby will want to do is sleep!) x

its a really happening!! We are initially going to be in pinkenba just out side the city of Brisbane (with mother in law ) until we find somewhere around the mooloolaba/noosa/Sunshine Coast way!! My best friend not long relocated to Australia to Bli Bli so I would even consider that area!

• 2 weeks later...
Well done. Have a fantastic time. We are moving to Noosa aswell.

Hi Jacquiandpaul, We moved to Noosa Heads about 2 years ago. Happy to share any info on the area with you. We hardly notice the tourists now as you just choose the places where they don't go i.e. anywhere outside of Main Beach/Hastings Street.

Hi Jacquiandpaul, We moved to Noosa Heads about 2 years ago. Happy to share any info on the area with you. We hardly notice the tourists now as you just choose the places where they don't go i.e. anywhere outside of Main Beach/Hastings Street.

Hi ADAVIDH, I hope your enjoying Noosa. We are moving to Noosaville to stay with family but hope to buy a house there or in Tewantin. Our kids will be going to Sunshine Beach high school.

Main beach is always busy, sunshine beach is lovely.

Hi ADAVIDH, I hope your enjoying Noosa. We are moving to Noosaville to stay with family but hope to buy a house there or in Tewantin. Our kids will be going to Sunshine Beach high school.

Main beach is always busy, sunshine beach is lovely.

I think you can still get bargains in Tewantin and it's definitely more of a locals place. It has really good access to the North Shore which is really good for camping, driving on the beach or walking to Mount Seewah (a nice 28km return!). I go to Sunshine Beach most weekends and am a member of the surf club (not for surfing, just a discount on all drink!)

I think you can still get bargains in Tewantin and it's definitely more of a locals place. It has really good access to the North Shore which is really good for camping, driving on the beach or walking to Mount Seewah (a nice 28km return!). I go to Sunshine Beach most weekends and am a member of the surf club (not for surfing, just a discount on all drink!)

That's what we noticed, you get more for you R moneybox Tewantin, we will try and see what we can buy in Noosaville. Sunshine beach surfclub will be our first stop when we arrive to join up for membership, you will probably see us there most weekends aswell, not for the surf for me but for the drink. Lol. Hubby and kids will be surfing. ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Mrs J and I fly out to Brisbane on Sunday for a holiday (Brisbane) so going to book in some time with a real estate agent to discuss options for when we move out at the end of the year. I'm just wondering if anybody else has done this or similar and if it was fruitful or not.

Thanks!

Jamie

• 4 weeks later...

Been a while....hope everyone is well.

Officially leaving the UK 31/08 one way to Brisbane. Flights are all now booked and my partner has started selling furniture etc.

Can't believe how quickly it's come around to be honest.

Looking forward to seeing you all on the other side.

• Like 1

On Mon Mar 27 2017 at 10:32 AM, JRJones said:

Hi all,

Mrs J and I fly out to Brisbane on Sunday for a holiday (Brisbane) so going to book in some time with a real estate agent to discuss options for when we move out at the end of the year. I'm just wondering if anybody else has done this or similar and if it was fruitful or not.

Thanks!

Jamie

We were over in Feb but wasn't in Brisbane for long at all. As we are staying with friends at first we wasn't too fussed about looking. Would definitely recommend it though, even if just for advice on your next steps.

Always good to not commit to a purchase too until you know where you want to work etc.

• Like 1