balance of family

Greensgran

hi all,new to this site. We have a daughter and Grandchildren in Queensland,Australian citizens,and want to move permenantly. At 63 and 67 we are too old for skilled occupations,although I am an Occupational Therapist and wonder if I can get a sponsored visa from Queensland health if I can get a job offer? Also we have three children and only one in Australia. The other two live in two different countries,one in Ireland,one in England. both in their forties non dependant. Does anyone know if we would be able to meet the balance of families test?We are very keen to move and would welcome any advice. many thanks Greensgran.

hi all,new to this site. We have a daughter and Grandchildren in Queensland,Australian citizens,and want to move permenantly. At 63 and 67 we are too old for skilled occupations,although I am an Occupational Therapist and wonder if I can get a sponsored visa from Queensland health if I can get a job offer? Also we have three children and only one in Australia. The other two live in two different countries,one in Ireland,one in England. both in their forties non dependant. Does anyone know if we would be able to meet the balance of families test?We are very keen to move and would welcome any advice. many thanks Greensgran.

No, you won't meet the balance of family test

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Brin/Pare/balance-of-family-test

You could talk to an agent but, given your ages, your chances of permanent migration are very slim. You could do as my parents did and that is visit for 6 months a year every year but you won't be able to work

As, above, you wont meet the balance of family test, I think sponsorship would be extremely unlikely - I suffered age discrimination in my 40's.

There is the new visa, however, it has not yet been finalized and experience says these things are often delayed to say the least (many never happen). Though Alan Collett has a mailing list that keeps people informed of its progress for it which I am sure he will add you to. Look up Go Matilda and he is the MD (they are one of the most respected agents and Alan is a member of the forum.

There is the 600 visa. This was designed for people in your circumstances. It doesn't let you live there permanently, but does let you stay for extended period of time

Yes, please send an email to me (click on my name to the left of this post) confirming your name if you would like to be added to our database of people interested in receiving communications about this new temporary parent visa when more details become known.

In the meantime: http://www.gm-parent-visas.com/new-temporary-visa-for-parents-with-children-in-australia-consultation-announced/

Best regards.