Quilts & pillows

woody123

Evening all,

Can you bring quilts & pillows that's are duck feathers to Oz?

Im guessing it's a NO but thought I'd ask. Wondering if I should buy new here and put in with shipping.

Also what 'tog' is the max needed in Queensland? I've looked on Big W website but can't see a good tog info on the quilts they sell.

Cheers

Woody

Can't answer the duck feathers thing, but as for the tog question; don't be fooled by comparisons between UK and Australian weather; you adapt fast and will find nights that were mild in the UK as freezing after a few months. I'm in the tropics, our nights rarely get below 10 degrees and I use a mega-thick duvet in winter, sometimes with an electric blanket as well. Down south (Brisbane, Sunshine coast etc, especially inland places like Toowoomba) get very cold in winter, relatively speaking - it'll seem lovely the first time you're there, and after your acclimatise you'll be shivering like the rest of us.

Can't answer the duck feathers thing, but as for the tog question; don't be fooled by comparisons between UK and Australian weather; you adapt fast and will find nights that were mild in the UK as freezing after a few months. I'm in the tropics, our nights rarely get below 10 degrees and I use a mega-thick duvet in winter, sometimes with an electric blanket as well. Down south (Brisbane, Sunshine coast etc, especially inland places like Toowoomba) get very cold in winter, relatively speaking - it'll seem lovely the first time you're there, and after your acclimatise you'll be shivering like the rest of us.

Skyped the inlaws today and it had dropped to 17/18C so they were putting a sweater on! Lol! I know it'll be us one day but just seems so unreal!

Skyped the inlaws today and it had dropped to 17/18C so they were putting a sweater on! Lol! I know it'll be us one day but just seems so unreal! ?

Yesterday was a pretty blah day. Overcast and cooler. Haven't had to put on a sweater yet. OH seems to feel the heat and the cold more than me - I'm a pretty tough old broad though. :cool:

• 3 months later...

duck feathers are fine if treated which duvets are. i brought two-one i thought i left at mums cause it is so warm and thick i thought i wouldnt use it. but oh yes i use it more than i did in uk! bloody freezing in melbounre at night- the houses dont have insulation or double glazing!! eeek!