190 Visa application costs - If rejected

MattNon

Hi all,

I will be applying for a 190 visa shortly and I'm trying to workout how much it will cost if I am unsuccessful.

My concern is that I only have the minimum 60 points and my occupation (Developer Programmer - 261312) is temporarily removed from the state nomination occupation list for Victoria. However, I'm currently on a 457 visa working in Victoria so I believe I shouldn't be affected based on the text below:

• [Temporarily removed from the State Nomination Occupation List for Victoria from 11 November 2016 to 6 March 2017. Applicants applying under the streamlined PhD and 457 pathways are not affected by this closure.]

I have previously asked whether this could potentially waiting a long time in the sponsorship queue, but I've been told there is also the chance for it to be rejected. With the rejection for state sponsorship I would be 5 points shy of the required 60 points.

Can anyone confirm whether this is correct, that I could be rejected even though I have the required skills and experience?

My second question is the costs. From what I understand so far I would have the following costs:

Skills assessment: $500

English test: $300

The Victorian sponsorship website states there are no fees for Victoria visa nomination (http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au/visas-and-immigrating/skilled-visas/skilled-nominated-visa-subclass-190#HowToApply)

Fees and charges

There is no application fee for Victorian visa nomination.

So in the worse case scenario, that I am unsuccessful in state sponsorship application, would it only be the skills assessment and English test that I would need to pay for (~$800)?

If the Victorian nomination is successful and I would then have the required points, does that mean I would automatically be guaranteed visa approval or is there still a chance to be rejected after that?

Sorry for the long post.

Thanks.

Edited by MattNon

If the Victorian nomination is successful

Don't bet on it.

and I would then have the required points, does that mean I would automatically be guaranteed visa approval

From what you have posted, you would most likely be granted a visa, but there are no certainties in this business.

May I strongly advise you to consult a registered migration agent for advice about alternative strategies?