Jump to content
Carlisle Chick

Can you get into uni in the uk after being in Oz for 12years

Recommended Posts

Just wondered if anyone know if I was to move back would my son be able to go to uni over there?


My understanding is that your son would be treated as an international student so would have to pay much higher fees and no student loan. You have to live in the UK for a certain amount of time to qualify for domestic fees/loan.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

He can apply to uni for sure. However iirc it requires 3 years residence prior to be considered for resident fees in England (and I think Wales but not 100% sure). I would expect he would be considered an international student and subject to those fees. Hopefully others can confirm if this is correct.


Scotland is different again.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now