Victoria state sponsorship (190 visa) - 261312 ICT - Points required

MattNon

Hi all,

I'm looking to apply for state sponsor in Victoria as a Developer Programmer (ANZSCO - 261312). After completing my RPL with the Australian Computer Society, I should have the minimum 60 points required. However, having looked at the latest skilled immigration round results, I can see software roles have a points score of 65.

https://www.border.gov.au/WorkinginAustralia/Pages/18-january-2017-round-results.aspx

Occupation/Identification Description/Points score/Visa date of effect

2613 / Software and Applications Programmers / 65 / 10/12/2016 8.59 pm

I'm also aware that ICT roles are currently closed for application with a clause being it is still available for current 457 visa holders - which I am.

As the points for this occupation are showing 65, would it still be worth applying with 60 points or would it automatically be rejected?

Many thanks for any input.

Invitation rounds apply to 189 applicants only, not 190. If Victoria agrees to sponsor you, then you would receive an invitation. I don't know what the criteria for Victoria may be, so can't comment whether 60 points would be enough or not.

Thank you Maggie.

I've heard Victoria can be fairly difficult with state sponsorship so will have to see how I get on.

Hi, we went for 190 sponsorship for victoria with only 60 points. It wasnt difficult per se, but needed a more thorough attempt and submission. However they made the decision in 8 working days, which was pretty good.

Not sure if the criteria changed, but i think they also suspended sponsorship for certain occupations for a while to help ease the backlog.

Hi, we went for 190 sponsorship for victoria with only 60 points. It wasnt difficult per se, but needed a more thorough attempt and submission. However they made the decision in 8 working days, which was pretty good.

Not sure if the criteria changed, but i think they also suspended sponsorship for certain occupations for a while to help ease the backlog.

Ah that fills me with some hope then :-) Would be ecstatic if I hear back within 8 days.

The only advice i can give is to lay it on pretty thick in your statement to Victoria. We just did a fairly minimal amount the first time and it got rejected. 2nd time had pages of evidence, statements, evidence of jobs i could do, contacts i had made, visits, friends blah blah blah. It was incredibly tedious and i didnt think it was a good use of time, but it clearly did the trick

The only advice i can give is to lay it on pretty thick in your statement to Victoria. We just did a fairly minimal amount the first time and it got rejected. 2nd time had pages of evidence, statements, evidence of jobs i could do, contacts i had made, visits, friends blah blah blah. It was incredibly tedious and i didnt think it was a good use of time, but it clearly did the trick

I have been living and working in Victoria for 2 years on a 457 visa - so hopefully that should work in our favor. I will take your advise and put as much detail in our statement though.

It seems the demand for ICT roles has dropped recently so not sure how long I will be waiting for with the minimum 60 points though.

Thanks.

• 10 months later...

Hi all, I just applied for Victoria state nomination this month. And as I was going through their site I discovered that application for building and engineering occupations have been temporarily closed till 12th January,2018. My question is "Will they still process any application made within this period after this date or will I need to submit a new application after 12/01/2018.Please anybody with useful information can help out here.

• 3 weeks later...