Hubbie caught speeding, will a ban or points affect our chances of immigration?

Guest Australia

Guest Australia

Gday Mates!!

My hubbie has recently got caught speeding on the way to work and got stopped by the police. So were a bit down in the dumps at the moment. Its his first offence and :policeman:hopefully the last!!

We applied for visa subclass 175 at the end of Jan and were quite frustrated at mo as were waiting to here from a case officer. It feels like were waiting forever!!

Do any of you have any answers or advice relating to speeding bans or points on Licence etc....

Were just crossing our fingers that it wont effect our application.

Many thanks in advance!!

From Husband and Wife looking forward to a sunny future in OZ!!:spinny:

Nah, you'll be absolutely fine don't give it any more thought. On the plus side, when you get to Oz and get a licence over here you'll almost certainly find that the points won't be transferred over so he'll start with a clean licence :jiggy:

BUT, when you do get here ..... DON'T SPEED coz they as soooooooo hot on it.

Lyn

Guest Diane Paul and the kids
Gday Mates!!

My hubbie has recently got caught speeding on the way to work and got stopped by the police. So were a bit down in the dumps at the moment. Its his first offence and :policeman:hopefully the last!!

We applied for visa subclass 175 at the end of Jan and were quite frustrated at mo as were waiting to here from a case officer. It feels like were waiting forever!!

Do any of you have any answers or advice relating to speeding bans or points on Licence etc....

Were just crossing our fingers that it wont effect our application.

Many thanks in advance!!

From Husband and Wife looking forward to a sunny future in OZ!!:spinny:

Hi,we both had points for speeding.and it wasn't a problem,

Guest The Pom Queen

Unless he ends up going to court for reckless driving then it won't affect your application so please don't worry. As Lyn has said DO NOT speed over here. They park old battered cars at the side of the road with speed cameras inside and you have no idea it's a police camera until the fine comes through your door a few weeks later. They are very keen on speeding here. Thankfully I have managed to keep a clean license:policeman:

• 2 months later...

oh hell ive just remembered i was done for no insurance 2 years ago which went to court and i got 6 points will this affect my police checks does this mean i have a criminal record !!!!!!!!

Guest Sam&Si

A friend lost their license last year under the totting up system and it hasn't made any difference to their application. I have a funny feeling that the no insurance thing might though if it went to court - my understanding is that Immi don't have a problem with most things providing you declare them at the outset, it's when you don't declare them and then they find out then they start to cause problems - think you should really speak to your agent....

I had points on my licence when we applied - granted it was only 3 - but it didn't make any difference at all. My OH works in Stoke and when I first met him he always had points on his licence. Think we got up to 9 at one point. Fortunately he saw sense and his last ones have just become 'spent' or what ever it is they do after a while. But neither of us had a problem in terms of the application.

Good luck with it anyway,

Cheryl

Archived