January 2017 Visa application submitted - timeline

sns

I hope your drinking a large glass of something alcoholic to celebrate tonight!!

i am going to copy every step you did in the hope we get such a quick turn around! Everything for CPA ready to go once exam mark is back. When getting everything job wise assessed by the CPA do they then provide you with the points you can claim and break it down etc or just the years you can claim for? X

Wow go Lever40!!!! It's all starting to happen!! Exciting times! My hubbie sat his test so waiting on results now! We have a house we rent out that we put on market Saturday to get monies behind us and it sold today!! Fastest sale ever!!! So things are getting exciting for us! Just need these 20 points from exam then we can go full steam ahead x

Wow go Lever40!!!! It's all starting to happen!! Exciting times! My hubbie sat his test so waiting on results now! We have a house we rent out that we put on market Saturday to get monies behind us and it sold today!! Fastest sale ever!!! So things are getting exciting for us! Just need these 20 points from exam then we can go full steam ahead x

Thats ridiculously quick! We had our house up for sale for almost 3 years and it finally sold in feb 2015.

Good luck with the exam!!

House sold in 3 days? Wow! That's nuts ;)

B

They reckon it's a great time to sell, yep went on rightmove 3pm Saturday, viewing last night and deal done today! Wow!! Have you had your visa yet @Barry1986 @ @Beaty? X

no that's the scary bit. Submitted visa application mid February. Medicals and police certificates are done.have you?

Wow, sounds like a great time to sell! Good for you that you will have some funds behind you and aren't waiting on your house to sell while you're over there. We are just in limbo at the moment, waiting to hear back after submitting the final docs on Friday. I've tried to tell myself to vote for an April response at the earliest to try and keep it off my mind for a bit but I can't help hoping for a quicker response after some of the posts on here lately! I really want to book our visa activation trip for August!

Congrats to everyone getting their houses sold so quickly! That's amazing news. Ours goes on the market in a week or 2. We've had 3 estate agents round, all said its a great time to sell and you guys are the evidence of that!

Congrats everyone

Medical booked for 22nd March in Dublin, Aus police check done and on its why back, Uk police check done and waiting on it. My fiancée has her Aus police check done and on its way back! All starting to move.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Medical booked for 22nd March in Dublin, Aus police check done and on its why back, Uk police check done and waiting on it. My fiancée has her Aus police check done and on its way back! All starting to move.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Really exciting [emoji16] Were just waiting for my medical to upload and police checks go come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having serious withdrawals from this site! I couldn't even post the exciting news when our visas were granted last Monday! Two weeks after PCCs were uploaded. I have already booked flights to Sydney for a visa activation holiday in August. Can't wait!

Hope others have received positive news this week, whether it be visa or IELTS related!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, klr81 said:

I've been having serious withdrawals from this site! I couldn't even post the exciting news when our visas were granted last Monday! Two weeks after PCCs were uploaded. I have already booked flights to Sydney for a visa activation holiday in August. Can't wait!

Hope others have received positive news this week, whether it be visa or IELTS related!

Thats awesome news! I have felt the same this week lol I got my police checks back, partner got hers back and done my medical on wednesday, just waiting for it to be uploaded. 

Hi All, Great to be back on here! I've missed you all!!

Congratulations klr81 fantastic news!! Really pleased for you.

laevans - how did the IELTS go??

We've sold our house (first day on the market) and today my husband resigned from his job, we'll be leaving UK on 17th June I think - scary but exciting

And the new server has changed my username - I don't know how - but I was previously known as sns

I wondered where your posts had disappeared to, 'sns' now 'Sarah'! xD That is fantastic news about your house sale! June 17th will soon come around!

Has anybody found any good posts were people have listed all of the things you should do before you leave UK (for example) and before arrival in Aus? I have made a list but I am sure I am missing lots of stuff off it!

Oh such a list would be a great idea, I'll have a look too. We are mid house declutter, and container companies are coming next week to give us quotes etc.

I'm also sorting out bank accounts and paper work, trying to go paper free on all statements etc

Not sure what else we should be doing, (I'm constantly making lists for my husband lol)

• Like 1

On 27/03/2017 at 8:12 PM, sns said:

Hi All, Great to be back on here! I've missed you all!!

Congratulations klr81 fantastic news!! Really pleased for you.

laevans - how did the IELTS go??

We've sold our house (first day on the market) and today my husband resigned from his job, we'll be leaving UK on 17th June I think - scary but exciting

And the new server has changed my username - I don't know how - but I was previously known as sns

OMG this has killed me not being able to chat on here haha!! 

Well hubbie passed his IELTS but got proficiency had all 9s and one bloody 7! I swear it's a fix! We had or positive skills assessment back from CPA and just applied for our visas eekkkk! 

So we have no chance of a visa 189 I know with just 65 points but we've done or EOI anyway so at least we're in the queue and we have decided  to just give it everything and have also applied for a 190 NSW visa which gives us 65+5! 

So plan of action is andrew will resit the IELTS to get those blinking 20 points which will mean we have 75 and 80! 

Question is do you think we would stand a chance of getting an invite for the 190 with 70 points proficient English?

thankgoodness we have finally been able to submit the EOI as panicking accountants will come off the SOL list in July! 

How's everyone doing?? 

Hi, great to see you back laevans, I'd been wondering about the English!

Has your husband looked at doing PTE-A instead of IELTS? That's the one I did and seems to be easier (from reading on here), also results are back within 24-48 hours.

I heard from an agent that it's 1-2 months wait with 70 points at the moment, but you should get it eventually. However, I think with 190 the timing is all in the hands of the individual state, is it NSW? Also it costs a bit more for the visa, as the state also charges you. Fantastic news on the positive CPA assessment

1 hour ago, sns said:

Hi, great to see you back laevans, I'd been wondering about the English!

Has your husband looked at doing PTE-A instead of IELTS? That's the one I did and seems to be easier (from reading on here), also results are back within 24-48 hours.

I heard from an agent that it's 1-2 months wait with 70 points at the moment, but you should get it eventually. However, I think with 190 the timing is all in the hands of the individual state, is it NSW? Also it costs a bit more for the visa, as the state also charges you. Fantastic news on the positive CPA assessment

Congrats on house sale SNS!! It's all moving so quick for you now!! Wow so exciting and nerve wracking no doubt!

we have looked at PTE and closest one is Birmingham which is 2 hours away and all look full for next few months ? Andrew seriously doesn't want to do IELTS again. It is so hard when it's all on the main visa applicant! 

How often are invites for visas sent out? Xx

I know a couple of months ago during my initial stalking of these forums, I found a really comprehensive list that somebody had made and thought "I'll remember where I saw that.".....

Laevans have you thought about a remark for the 7? A guy on another forum had his remarked under similar circumstances and it came back higher. I can't remember how much it was but it was far cheaper than a new test. Obviously there's no guarantee but could be worth a shot?

I think the invites are twice monthly at the moment. You can go on skillselect and look at the stats for the invite rounds which give you an idea of what points have been invited and which states have issued invites too.