sns

January 2017 Visa application submitted - timeline

Hi all,

Has anyone else submitted their visa application this month?

I have booked the medicals for 21st Feb

How long should it take from here?

If you submitted this month, when are you planning to make the move?

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

Hey we have lodged our EOI 11th Jan.

How long after you lodged your EOI did you you get an invitation for your visa application? x

EOI: Lodged 11/1/17

CO:

Visa Application:

I wouldn't do medicals / police checks until requested. You only have 12 months from the date of medical / police check to make first entry. If there is a delay in processing your visa - very common - you can find yourself with very little time

Hey we have lodged our EOI 11th Jan.

How long after you lodged your EOI did you you get an invitation for your visa application? x

Hi, I had to submit 2 because I discovered a mistake on the first one after I was invited, I put the dates on my signature. How many points did you have and what profession?

Hi, I had to submit 2 because I discovered a mistake on the first one after I was invited, I put the dates on my signature. How many points did you have and what profession?

Hi SnS

thanks so much for replying to my post :)

Its for my husband and he has 60 points and he is a plumber :)

CO:

Visa Application:

We submitted our PMV Visa on the 9th of January. Really hoping for the 5 month turn around!!

What other visas have you folk submitted

PMV Granted 5th June 2017, Arrived in Melbourne 12th August

PMV Submitted 9/1/17 C/O Request for Medicals and Police Checks - 7/3/17, Australian Federal Police Check - 16/3/17, Fiancee Australian Police Check - 17/3/17 , Uk Police check - 18/3/17 , Medical / Xray & HIV Test - 22/3/17 

Hi SnS

thanks so much for replying to my post :)

Its for my husband and he has 60 points and he is a plumber :)

I'm not sure how long it takes for a plumber, but there are definitely others on this forum who would know. I think it depends how competitive it is for plumbers?

We submitted our PMV Visa on the 9th of January. Really hoping for the 5 month turn around!!

What other visas have you folk submitted

Mine is a 189 visa. We are hoping to move in July!

Mine is a 189 visa. We are hoping to move in July!

Exciting I'm hoping it's not going to be another year put anything ?

We started the whole process a year ago.

• Like 2

CO:

Visa Application:

We submitted and paid on 23rd January. Hoping to get medicals done next month because I am a teacher and will need to go in half-term. Might leave Police checks until we get a CO assigned. We are currently in South East Asia and hope to go on holiday at the end of this year to validate visa (fingers crossed) with a view to move permanently in July 2018.

Once you get a CO, is there a deadline for docs? By the time we are assigned a CO I will have everything apart from the police check from the UK. Looks like that is 10 days without postage time which will be another 2 weeks to get out here.

I'm so excited!

EOI: 01.01.17

Invitation to apply: 02.01.17

Application submitted: 23.01.17

Medicals: 21.02. PCCs: 03.03

Visa granted 20.03.17

We submitted and paid on 23rd January. Hoping to get medicals done next month because I am a teacher and will need to go in half-term. Might leave Police checks until we get a CO assigned. We are currently in South East Asia and hope to go on holiday at the end of this year to validate visa (fingers crossed) with a view to move permanently in July 2018.

Once you get a CO, is there a deadline for docs? By the time we are assigned a CO I will have everything apart from the police check from the UK. Looks like that is 10 days without postage time which will be another 2 weeks to get out here.

I'm so excited!

We booked our medicals for half term too, because we have a son at school. We can pay on the day for the medicals, so can postpone if we are not ready by then or have not heard from a CO. We applied for police certs about the 12th Jan, mine arrived within 9 days, but my husband's has not arrived yet. He has lived in more parts of the UK than me, so that might be the reason for the delay. Just something for you to bear in mind if you have traveled quite a bit and are leaving it to the last.

We are decluttering the house and trying to get ready for a valuation in the meantime! Can't wait to go!

Where in Australia are you planning to move to? Do you work in an international school?

Hi All,

I got my grant confirmation come through this morning. See timeline below:

08/10/2016 - IELTS Exam

21/10/2016 - IELTS Result (8.5)

30/11/2016 - ACS Submitted

05/12/2016 - ACS Result

21/12/2016 - EOI Submitted - 189 (70 Points)

23/12/2016 - PCC Received (Self)

04/01/2017 - Invite received

04/01/2017 - PCC Received (Partner's)

07/01/2017 - Application Lodged & Documents uploaded, including PCC and Form 80

18/01/2017 - Medicals

30/01/2017 - Grant!

Planning on moving over July/Aug 2017.

Hi SNS, yes I am in an international school, this is our 3rd year here but Australia was always the long-term goal. We figured it would be more achievable and affordable doing the visa from 3/4 of the way there! It will be me, my husband and our daughter moving over (hopefully!)

We are really open to location, we travelled there together about 12 years ago and feel like we are happy to settle for anywhere at first if we need to to. Preferably the South though with some sort of seasons, we don't get that much here near the equator! However we are going to let my husband job hunt first as it will be easier for me to get work than him wherever we go due to being able to do supply teaching etc until I find something permanent.

Good advice about the police checks, we did move about a bit in the last couple of years before we moved here!

Jijiboy, how exciting! That is a very short time-line! At what point did you get assigned a CO?

Edited by klr81
    typos

Visa granted 20.03.17

Hi All,

08/10/2016 - IELTS Exam

05/12/2016 - ACS Result

18/01/2017 - Medicals

30/01/2017 - Grant!

Wowzers thats so quick!! Congratulations.....we havent heard anything yet :( . Fingers crossed

CO:

Visa Application:

Hi All,

08/10/2016 - IELTS Exam

05/12/2016 - ACS Result

18/01/2017 - Medicals

30/01/2017 - Grant!

Wow super fast, congratulations. We are hoping to move July 2017 too, but not heard anything about our application yet

Oh wow that's interesting Jijiboy! Did you do one of those form80 character forms? I have read that it might be worth doing anyway to prevent further paperwork being requested. Knowing that you got yours without a CO makes me think I'll just go ahead and get everything done now! Although we may be required to submit more info as my husband had a driving ban 20 years ago, it wasn't classed as a criminal offense, just a traffic offense, but we declared it anyway just in case so they may want more details.

Got my employment reference letters today and need to get all my certified copies done of my other docs asap. Money, money, money!

Visa granted 20.03.17

Just re-read your post Jijiboy about the Form 80. Going to get ours done tomorrow!

• Like 1

Visa granted 20.03.17

Just re-read your post Jijiboy about the Form 80. Going to get ours done tomorrow!

Where do I get form 80 from?

Just Google it. Available freely to download.

IELTS : 13/08/16: W8 S8 L9 R9. F2w ID Check/Rcvd: 15/08/16, 23/08/16 HCPC/SoR CoGS sent: 23/08/16. Skills Ax sent/Rcvd/granted: 30/08/16, 12/09/16, 10/10/16. AHPRA sent/AIP : 05/09/16, 28/12/16. EoI/invited: 20/1/17, 01/02/17. 189 submitted: 06/02/17, Caseworker: 23/02/17. Medicals: 31/03/17. Grant: 12/04/17. Child 101 submitted: 09/06/17. Granted: 06/07/17.

Just Google it. Available freely to download.

Thanks!

That's quite a form! Does everyone have to do it? Or just those who it is requested from?

I don't think you NEED to do it, but apparently they can ask for it, and this can cause a delay sometimes. Some people have apparently front loaded a filled form 80 and have had direct grants, others have still been asked more information.

I'd probably do it, but then again I like lining up my ducks in a row....

IELTS : 13/08/16: W8 S8 L9 R9. F2w ID Check/Rcvd: 15/08/16, 23/08/16 HCPC/SoR CoGS sent: 23/08/16. Skills Ax sent/Rcvd/granted: 30/08/16, 12/09/16, 10/10/16. AHPRA sent/AIP : 05/09/16, 28/12/16. EoI/invited: 20/1/17, 01/02/17. 189 submitted: 06/02/17, Caseworker: 23/02/17. Medicals: 31/03/17. Grant: 12/04/17. Child 101 submitted: 09/06/17. Granted: 06/07/17.

See full list of documents that I submitted:

Myself

Current Passport

Old Passports

Birth Certificate

Marriage certificate

Joint Name Bank Statements (x2)

Joint Name Mortgage Statement (Sept 2016)

Council Tax Bill (Oct 2016)

Police Certificate

ACS Skills Assessment

IELTS Result Letter

Employment Reference (same as one used in ACS Skill Assessment)

Current Employment Payslips (1 for each of the past 9 years)

Degree Award Certificate

Degree Transcript

Curriculum Vitae

Form 80 - Personal Particulars Information

Partner

Current Passport

Old Passports

Birth Certificate

Naturalisation Certificate (Partner not born in UK)

Marriage certificate

Joint Name Bank Statements (x2)

Joint Name Mortgage Statement (Sept 2016)

Council Tax Bill (Oct 2016)

Police Certificate

Functional English (Passport)

Form 80 - Personal Particulars Information

Child 1

Current Passport

Old Passport

Birth Certificate

Child 2

Current Passport

Birth Certificate

All documents certified other than ACS Skill Assessment Letter, PCC Certificates, Form 80s & Curriculum Vitae.

Hope that helps!

That's a great help! Thanks!

Visa granted 20.03.17