Liam13

dealing with spiders

hi guys, im after some advice on what you do with spiders if its not a general house spider, there is a red back who lives in the garden next to our washing line. we are finding she makes a big web from the washing line to the fence and worried she might get into our washing. dont want to kill it but dont know how i would relocate it ? any ideas

I'm brutal and just kill the red backs and white tails. I move the huntsmans though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TRA & Vic SS app 20.03.11(OH - Chef),TRA result 19.04, Vic SS received 21.04, 176 lodged 5.06, 1100 sent 7.06, CO assigned 20.06, APCO 11.07, NZ police check 01.07, Medicals 3.08, meds finalised 8.08, Non migrating dependant medicals - not needed!,Visa grant 8.11.11, activation trip May 2012, arrive in Melbourne September 2015 :)

If you don't want to kill it then I'd just get a pot and pop it in that and put a lid on it. Then go somewhere else out the way and let her go in her new home.

Take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure

lol, that would be me

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Get that spider spray stuff and kill it. You wouldn't want a young child to be bitten. Spider bites can be pretty nasty and a red back can be fatal to a child.

hi guys, im after some advice on what you do with spiders if its not a general house spider, there is a red back who lives in the garden next to our washing line. we are finding she makes a big web from the washing line to the fence and worried she might get into our washing. dont want to kill it but dont know how i would relocate it ? any ideas
you don't want Redbacks in your washing. Remove it humanely if you want. Red backs aren't that quick and don't jump. Ice cream container or hand vac should do it. Although I'd just kill it, because where do you let it go? Never try this with a funnel web too, they are aggressive little buggers. Then spray the area with a deterrent.

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

You sure it's a red back ? They unusual make formless messy webs underneath furniture and in nooks and crannies...not usually large proper webs across open spaces ?

We have been here 34 years and have never heard of any one being killed by a red back spider or a white tail , but no doubt someone will correct us We have never used sprays etc for years now and don,t mind spiders being around the house EXCEPT in the bedroom ,when you could be sleeping mouth wide opened So its the glass over them then slide a piece of card over the mouth of the glass and take them into the garden

Yes just had a re think , we would remove a red back if it was in the house , but have seen lots in our outside property and even think years ago i was bitten by a nasty specious when gardening without gloves, just sore hand etc but lived to tell the tale

I'd kill poisonous ones and relocate the not so dangerous ones - purely as I don't want to tempt fate a relocate a poisonous one. The one good thing about spiders is they'll help with the flies ;)

Vetassess submission 31/1/2016; Vetassess positive outcome 29/4/2016
State sponsorship submission 2/5/2016; granted 3/8/2016
Visa filed 5/9/2016; CO contact 25/10/2016; Visa granted 28/10/2016
Visa activated 17/08/2017
Big move.... 5/9/ 2018 

Read about my visa journey at www.190oz.com

I saw a bite on a 11 year old boy, not only did it look disgusting he was in a lot of discomfort whilst it was being treated. I wouldn't risk with children around.

AITSL assessment complete-09/10/2014 | IELTS L8.5, R8, W8.5, S8.5. -13/12/2014 | EOI submitted 07/01/2015 (65) invite 09/01/2015 | 189 Visa applied - 10/01/2015 | Meds -20/02/2015 | PCC-08/03/2015 | Visa granted! - 20/03/2015.

Red backs and white tails - squash!

DS2 spent an evening in some discomfort in A&E having been bitten by a red back on the lane ropes at AIS. He was ok but it was a half drowned red back and he was sick for a while. With little kids I'd be inclined to get the pest controllers in !