Childcare Centre Manager- 134111

Dragonflygecko

On 28 May 2017 at 22:13, Lucas2017 said:

Amazing news Dragonflygecko, congratulations. Thanks for letting us know the result.

my wife has been contact with a large company in OZ and has a Skype interview on Tuesday next week. After seeing her CV they are very interested in sponsoring her. So her qualifications ( BA hons in early years education) are with ACECQA now getting assessed for diploma level. And I hope there is a positive outcome from the interview.

fingers crossed we might not be to far behind you.

Hi Lucas, that's great news. I have no doubt the BA will equate to at least diploma or advanced diploma level. Good luck with the interview process... ☺️

@sunnykirana- Sorry for the delay I didn't get a notification of a new post. I didn't do the job ready program as you need to be in Oz, have studied the diploma there and been offered a managers position.

The criteria for TRA to be successful for skilled migration under CCC Manager is; 

Management experience; Minimum 3 years with at least 20 children ranging from 0-6years with the all the duties and responsibilities from ANZSCO 134111 and a diploma level early childhood education qual. 

Hope pe this helps. ?

Edited by Dragonflygecko

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dragonflygecko, 

Thanks for your reply. 

As I'm in Australia, I wonder whether the 'Management experience; Minimum 3 years with at least 20 children ranging from 0-6years' can be replaced by the JOB READY PROGRAM here in Australia?  Who did you contact to get the exact criteria for Skilled Migration under CCC?  

Your response is much appreciated! 

On 16/06/2017 at 06:36, sunnykirana said:

Hi Dragonflygecko, 

Thanks for your reply. 

As I'm in Australia, I wonder whether the 'Management experience; Minimum 3 years with at least 20 children ranging from 0-6years' can be replaced by the JOB READY PROGRAM here in Australia?  Who did you contact to get the exact criteria for Skilled Migration under CCC?  

Your response is much appreciated! 

Hi Sunnykirana,

Yes if you have studied the Diploma of Children's Services in Australia and are offered a position in Management (Director or Assistant Director) you can transition onto the 'Job Ready Program' which is for recent graduates I think you need to be guaranteed a job for 18-24 months in that position so needs to be full time permanent. Contact Trades Recognition Australia, they are the assessing authority for CCC Manager for skilled migration and the ones who issue the Job Ready Program. I would say without prior experience it would be fairly difficult to walk into a management position straight from the diploma, but perhaps in regional Australia they may be crying out for these positions.

Good luck!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

@Dragonflygecko  Hey there!! I was wondering if you could help me with information for my application!! I have worked in childcare for the last 5 years but only 2 of these have been as an assistant director in a management role. The other job roles were as a childcare educator and early childhood teacher. Would I still be able to apply for the TRA assessment or would I fail it?

I am trying to find out how much experience I need in the specific role but cannot find it anywhere!! Would I need to be a childcare manager to apply? Please help!!

Thanks!!

15 minutes ago, shellzer said:

@Dragonflygecko  Hey there!! I was wondering if you could help me with information for my application!! I have worked in childcare for the last 5 years but only 2 of these have been as an assistant director in a management role. The other job roles were as a childcare educator and early childhood teacher. Would I still be able to apply for the TRA assessment or would I fail it?

I am trying to find out how much experience I need in the specific role but cannot find it anywhere!! Would I need to be a childcare manager to apply? Please help!!

Thanks!!

Hi there! 

M you will definitely need a minimum of 3 years management experience to qualify, TRA state that on their website and at least a diploma qual. Have you looked at the job ready program? That might be more suitable? If you are doing all the jobs of a director from ANZSCO 134111 then it will be sufficient but only after 3 years. 

Hope pe that helps ?

Ok thank you!! I guess I need to get re-employed and do another year of experience!! I have about 2 and a half years experience as an assistant director. Do you think it would all count if I didn't apply for 2 years like the experience doesnt expire in a time frame?? 

Hi All,

Thanks to everyone's valuable advice so far, have enjoyed reading through! Apologies in advance for the mini life story...

My wife and I have lived in Australia for nearly 3 years on a 457 visa. I'm the primary applicant and she's on a partner visa  

My wife is a centre manager for a 148 place centre and has been for the past two years. Prior to this she was a "senior room leader" for 1 year. Previous experience in the U.K. was "senior nursery practitioner" 8+ years. 

We now want to apply for PR on a 189 as her being the main applicant and applying as a CCC manager. 

The confusion we're finding is with the qualifications/skills assessment. 

Her UK qualification (Level 3 Diploma in Child Care and Education - awarded by CACHE) was only assessed as a Cert III. We found this out soon after arriving in Oz, so she studied and has just completed her Diploma (28 Aug). 

Her employer looked beyond the Cert III assessment when they offered her the centre manager role, but assuming TRA will not do the same, even though she's been in the position locally for two years and now has the diploma qualification? I'm guessing the "post-qual" experience rule still applies?

Here's our confusion though... her UK qualification is assessed by ACECQA in Queensland as Diploma equivalent, but Cert III everywhere else (we're in NSW). Does TRA take in to consideration your location when assessing qualifications? How would this be assessed if we were in the U.K. and didn't yet have an Oz location? It seems strange that you become eligible/ineligible dependant on where you choose to live! 

Hope this makes sense! Any advice appreciated! 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, 

I have the same question almost as Darren. 

My partner and I have been in Australia for the last 4 years on a 457 visa. Unfortunately I changed employer part way through and now the visa has changed cant apply for PR. :( 

My partner works in childcare and we have been trying to go down the ECT route. The issue we have had is that her qualification has been recognised by ACECQA as an ECT, she has been working in the job role for 2 years but her AITSL has come back as not suitable. 

Apparently it is because she needs a 4 year degree + 1 year of teacher training - however her degree is in childcare education and includes teacher education. (Her degree is from the Netherlands). 

Has anyone else had similar issues - ACECQA says YES and AITSL says NO? 

Thanks,

Dave

• 6 months later...
On 15/02/2017 at 18:39, Lucas2017 said:

Thats exactly what we did and have done.

When we applied last time we got professional advice from a registered agent

and someone from the panel that advises immigration on child care matters.

All believed with the TRA conformation of a positive skills assement everything would be fine, again back to my point

I don't know if it was just work experience that we failed on, or as referenced in the decision

letter from immigration that you need a degree for this role.

Yesterday I was in contact with an agent seeking up-to date advice, I provided the letters and all the information

from our previous attempt. They could not say 100% if we needed a degree or not.

The feeling was that if TRA give a positive asssement then you should be ok, but clearly we have been here before

and don't want to spend thousands of $ with the same out come.

Hence why I am asking on the forum about others experiences and the ongoing confusion.

Hi Lucas, My wife is trying to assess her skills on TRA as a Child care center manager. Can you help us?

On 30/08/2017 at 03:12, Dragonflygecko said:

Hi there! 

M you will definitely need a minimum of 3 years management experience to qualify, TRA state that on their website and at least a diploma qual. Have you looked at the job ready program? That might be more suitable? If you are doing all the jobs of a director from ANZSCO 134111 then it will be sufficient but only after 3 years. 

Hope pe that helps ?

Hi Dragonflygecko,

My wife has:

- 3 years of experience as a manager in a child care center in Brazil. (2011 to 2014) 

- She has a bachelor degree (5 years) as a History teacher completed in 2007 in Brazil

-She is studying certificate III in early childhood education and care here in Australia. She will finish in December/2018

The question is: Is she able to apply for Child care center manager with TRA? I was reading the guidelines, does she need 1 year experience in the last 3 years to apply? because she doenst. ?