190 visa application - current processing time?

ELF1978

Hi folks,

Feels good to connect. I'm also awaiting my visa grant. Uploaded the requested final docs on 19th April. Has any of you received your visa yet? How long did it take after uploading the requested documents? Thanks...

21 hours ago, Nelly said:

Hi folks,

Feels good to connect. I'm also awaiting my visa grant. Uploaded the requested final docs on 19th April. Has any of you received your visa yet? How long did it take after uploading the requested documents? Thanks...

Hi there, As far as i have seen, there is no specific timeline to issue the grant letter upon uploading the requested doc's. It is purely based on the CO's call.. I have submitted the requested doc on 21/03- Yet to hear from the CO. 

On 5/12/2017 at 7:00 PM, Nelly said:

Hey Nileesh.... I guess we are all in the same boat. This waiting is quite unnerving   :(    Lets hope things start moving soon. Which state did you apply for? 

Hello Nelly,

I have applied for VIC... 

2 hours ago, Nileesh said:

Hello All, 

Glad to share that my 190 VISA has been granted today 

Wow... Congratulations Nileesh !! Glad for you. How long did it take from the day you lodged the application?

2 hours ago, scubacam said:

Did you need to get your medical sand police checks prior to going into skillselect?

No, the case officer will contact you when it is time to do them. Some people do them early, but there is no real point as it doesn't result in faster processing and runs the risk of them expiring and needing to be done again. Also, it cuts the length of time to make the first entry as you have to make the first entry after visas are granted within 12 months of the police or medical check, which ever is earlier.

14 hours ago, Nelly said:

Wow... Congratulations Nileesh !! Glad for you. How long did it take from the day you lodged the application?

Hello Nelly,

Thanks Much for your wishes. Here are the details.

190 VISA application lodged:03/03

CO Contacted: 14/03

Additional Doc's (PCC) Submitted: 21/03

VISA Granted: 16/05

Over all : 75 days 

6 hours ago, Nileesh said:

Hello Nelly,

Thanks Much for your wishes. Here are the details.

190 VISA application lodged:03/03

CO Contacted: 14/03

Additional Doc's (PCC) Submitted: 21/03

VISA Granted: 16/05

Over all : 75 days 

Nileesh, thanks for sharing the details. Well, I guess, it shouldn't be too long before the grants start coming in for the rest of us   :)  When do you plan to travel ?  Would be good if you continue to update us with posts, if possible .... we we are all on the same journey and any feedback is helpful.   I guess the real work begins once we get to the other side. My husband and I will need to look for jobs once we get there..... a bit intimidating, but exciting at the same time.  This is truly a huge project and sharing ideas on this forum is reassuring.   

• Like 1

23 hours ago, scubacam said:

Did you need to get your medical sand police checks prior to going into skillselect?

Hello,

I did my medicals after lodging the visa application. That's when the HAP ID gets generated, which is required to go for medicals. I think you can do the police checks in advance, to save time.

Does anyone know about having a year from the date of police checks and Medicals , to land and activate visas? 

I'm a bit confused .

my qualification assessment is on its way back to me , we've done our English tests and the hopefully in 2 weeks we submit EOI. 

Similarly to Nelly - we are getting jobs once out there. Terrifying but hopefully worth it!

Does anyone know about having a year from the date of police checks and Medicals , to land and activate visas? 
I'm a bit confused .
my qualification assessment is on its way back to me , we've done our English tests and the hopefully in 2 weeks we submit EOI. 
Similarly to Nelly - we are getting jobs once out there. Terrifying but hopefully worth it!

So after you put your application for your visa in you have apply for your medicals and police checks, whichever comes back first you will have one year from that date to activate your visa.

Hope that clears that up for you

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, scubacam said:

I'm a bit confused .

Scuba - I heard, that the first entry into the country to validate your visa needs to be done within a year from the date of either your medicals or police checks (whichever was earlier).    As for the State sponsorship approval, their timeline on the website states 12 weeks. But I think, it comes in much before that... more like between 4 to 8 weeks. Wish you all the best for the next stage.  And yes, I'm hoping it's all going to be worthwhile !     :)  

22 hours ago, scubacam said:

I thought online it says up to 7 months??

As far as i checked with Live in NSW team, Ideal processing time for NSW State Sponsorship application is 12 weeks .

However, i have seen people receiving it  after 12 weeks as well as before 12 weeks!!! Fingers Crossed..

Edited by Nileesh

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Lily99 said:

I have submitted and uploaded document for 190 visa on 18th May and done my medical within 3 days. I have not contacted by anyone yet. How do you know that you have been allocated a CP or not.

I would not have done your medical yet. It does not speed things up and you run the risk of having to make a very quick dash to Australia or even having to re do it. There are delays across immigration processing at the moment, also, some occupations with capped limits can see substantial delays.

If you log into the immi site, it will tell you if a case officer has been appointed yet

Hey VeryStormy

You mention being able to see whether a CO has been appointed in the IMMI account?

In my IMMI account is just says 'received' (as it has done for the past 4.5 months ??).

Does the status change if/once the CO is allocated? 

Thanks

donna