190 visa - work experience question

A wonderful person on here post on my frustration thread today about applying for a sponsored 190 visa rather than a 189 as I'm having troubling getting my final 5 points needed assessed by ANMAC.

In order to apply for a sponsored visa in SA where I'd like to go it says I need 3 years work experience for my skill, which I have. Does anyone know whether I just submit the work experience evidence directly to them or if the experience stills needs assessing by ANMAC?

If it doesn't need assessing I can start applying for my visa this weekend as I meet all the other requirements and sponsorship would give me my missing 5 points.

Edited by TravellingKatherine

Assuming that you already have a positive ANMAC assessment, and providing you've already got comprehensive employment evidence (refs and pay evidence to cover the duration) then you could apply now. Points Test Advice from a skills assessment authority is treated as just that - advice. The final decision is made by the case officer. I've seen plenty of approvals without it.

However, there is always a chance that a case officer will come back and ask for PTA, thereby delaying the visa process. It's their prerogative to request PTA if they feel they want the assessment authority's opinion on an applicant's skills.

I would consider applying now AND contacting ANMAC to request PTA. That way, you'll have it to hand should it be asked for later.

According to ANMAC:

You do not need to apply for a new assessment. You can ask us to assess your professional reference by emailing your assessor or skilledmigration@anmac.org.au. There is a charge for this service. ANMAC only accepts payments by VISA or MasterCard.

Regards,

Richard

I have a positive skills assessment already completed. I also have references for 3 years, statements of service, payslips.

I also have 55 points for my visa and the sponsorship would give me the other 5 points without having my references assessed.

I have already contacted ANMAC but it appears my references and the original letter of determination have been lost in the post.

Hence the idea of applying for a 190 to avoid that step.

If I understand you correctly, you have 60 points without extra points for employment. I think you should still aim for 65 points when you come to fill out your EOI. Three years = 5 points. The more points you have, the quicker your application will be approved.

PTA isn't essential, but you've got time so why not?