Wanted down under is back on!

rosiew

I've always watched it and the new one 'new life in oz'. Can I ask out of curiosity why people don't like it? Is it not realistic?

Love"a new life in oz"much prefer watching those who have made the move too. Unfortunately only two shows were put onto you tube so I can't get to watch the rest of the series.

Often people are shocked when they're moving from a low cost part of the UK that they can't afford a 4-bed detached property with pool a stone's throw from Melbourne etc. The show never seems to suggest that if they look at a different city or go further from the CBD that it could work for them. Unfortunately Sydney is no longer shown in the series presumably due to affordability.

Often people are shocked when they're moving from a low cost part of the UK that they can't afford a 4-bed detached property with pool a stone's throw from Melbourne etc. The show never seems to suggest that if they look at a different city or go further from the CBD that it could work for them. Unfortunately Sydney is no longer shown in the series presumably due to affordability.

As I remember the last couple of times they went to Sydney they had to show families 2 bed flats to get anywhere near close to budget and it did not seem to be a great success!

• 10 months later...

I’ve been watching wanted down under just recently. Been in Australia for over 7 years now. Came originally as a backpacker but met my fiancé here and he’s from London and wanted to stay.  I’ve been so homesick recently due to having a few babies that I feel my family are really missing out but watch it to see mostly everyone’s happy perspective on what I’m taking for granted.  @matre123 your episode was so good as we’ve just moved to Perth.  When you and Phillipa get here, would be great to meet for a drink ☺️

1 minute ago, Bulya said:

Embarrassing show this.  

It is what it is, it is daytime reality TV. BBC daytime TV at that which carries a lot of extra i's to dot and t's to cross to satisfy the requirements of public service TV.

However, the ratio of people who have moved to Australia and New Zealand via the show though is actually reasonably high, probably 10-15%.

Probably that is until this series, it was filmed just as the visa changes were made which (as we know) left many disappointed including participants in the show at the time.  I do like that that have included the social media feedback this year, but I would say the time has come to totally change the format of the programme, or even call it a day.  

5 hours ago, ssiri said:

I like the show - don’t get it here, I don’t think.

Well, you can get it with certain technical solutions.  We've been watching it here and in some respects it is liking car crash TV.  If you're aware of some of the suburbs you're aware that of course they're getting an incredible house for 150K, because it'll take you an hour plus to commute into the city.  Also there's been a couple of episodes of families going to 'Brisbane', when in fact it's the Gold Coast.  I guess most UK viewers won't be aware of the difference.

Of course, as stated before, there's the continuing wonderment about how some families think they will get visas, especially those with children who are disabled.  I am very much afraid that the Australian Immigration authorities are very careful to ensure that any costs placed on the Australian healthcare system are minimised.

I always look for the Melbourne episodes as that's where we're heading and hope that the show gives some extra recce information.  But I think much of it has to be taken as entertainment rather than something you can gain useful information from

1 hour ago, ABG said:

I always look for the Melbourne episodes as that's where we're heading and hope that the show gives some extra recce information.  But I think much of it has to be taken as entertainment rather than something you can gain useful information from

Yes, very much so.  I see today's family who went to Melbourne ended up in Brissie. Sensible lot!

Hi,

are these new episodes or the rehash of the 2000- ish ones , could do with a new Aussie fix. 

could never workout the role of the presenter, she always seems to be in a totally different location, never been seen interacting with the family....

R

ps: can’t wait to get back to OZ, just waiting for the house to sell :-)

9 hours ago, RandL said:

Hi,

are these new episodes or the rehash of the 2000- ish ones , could do with a new Aussie fix. 

could never workout the role of the presenter, she always seems to be in a totally different location, never been seen interacting with the family....

R

ps: can’t wait to get back to OZ, just waiting for the house to sell :-)

New ones.  Been quite a few series now.

• Like 1

I always thought Nicki's bits were filmed somewhere like/ nr Cape Tribulation. ( I don't know that- it just looks similar).
We always watch it out of interest. Maybe how it's edited but sometimes it feels like the people judge the Aussie houses as if they are the only 3 houses available on the market. Surely people must go on real estate.com.au or domain to see what they could get within their budget. I've been looking on those sites for years! Lol!

She’s definitely in Cairns, a few of her scenes have been on trinity beach, we’ve spent a lot of time there and have recognised a few places.