Help with 190 visa

NedKelly

Hello all,

My girlfriend & I are really hoping to make the move to Australia this year. She is a CIMA qualified management accountant with 8 years experience, we were hoping that we could get a 189 visa.

However, today we were dealt some bad news as we were told that due to her only being awarded her letter last year that all of her work experience doesn't count! So the 189 visa is a no-go now with only 60 points and a long waiting list. :arghh:

If there is anyone out there that can confirm this? and also help on a 190 visa. I believe this is the same as a 189 but requires you to work in a specific state? This is very frustrating and disheartening but if anyone can offer some advice I would really appreciate it.

Thank you

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

I assume you're asking for a second opinion - fwiw I think it's important to provide a copy of the advice you've already received in that case but generally yes, the Department may not consider work as "skilled" if undertaken prior to a relevant qualification. The subclass 190 options aren't fantastic at the moment for accountants.

Cheers,

George Lombard

• 5 weeks later...
Hello all,

My girlfriend & I are really hoping to make the move to Australia this year. She is a CIMA qualified management accountant with 8 years experience, we were hoping that we could get a 189 visa.

However, today we were dealt some bad news as we were told that due to her only being awarded her letter last year that all of her work experience doesn't count! So the 189 visa is a no-go now with only 60 points and a long waiting list. :arghh:

If there is anyone out there that can confirm this? and also help on a 190 visa. I believe this is the same as a 189 but requires you to work in a specific state? This is very frustrating and disheartening but if anyone can offer some advice I would really appreciate it.

Thank you

Patrick

Hey guys were similar situation to you? Have you found any light at end of tunnel??

As an accountant, you really need to generate more points to stand a chance: 70 or 75 points (even 70 pointers are waiting a long time just now)

One way is via English Language. You needed to take Academic IELTS 7 to meet skills requirements, so how about doing IELTS again, this time General IELTS and aim for 8s for 20 points?

Regards,

Richard

Edited by Richard Gregan
  • Like 1