189 as Early Childhood Teacher

Sayaka

Hi all!!

I'm just writing here to see if anyone has experiences on applying for 189 on their own without an agency?

I have consulted an agency in person re:189 as an ECT and felt that I could do it by myself rather than paying them $6000 which is a lot of money for me (Plus I simply did not like how the agency was).

I'm still at the very early stage of so called "visa application madness" and it is already killing me...!

Hope you talk to people here who have more experiences and knowledge than me!

Cheers

Hi all!!

I'm just writing here to see if anyone has experiences on applying for 189 on their own without an agency?

I have consulted an agency in person re:189 as an ECT and felt that I could do it by myself rather than paying them $6000 which is a lot of money for me (Plus I simply did not like how the agency was).

I'm still at the very early stage of so called "visa application madness" and it is already killing me...!

Hope you talk to people here who have more experiences and knowledge than me!

Cheers

I do think that you need to run this past an agent at least once more before you attempt to do it yourself. Teachers have been rejected before because they did not fulfill the strict criteria needed as an early childhood teacher.

It's really important that your qualification is actually in that area and not just experience based.

• 1 month later...

Hi Sayaka,

I came out on a 190 visa - mainly because I am dyslexic and didn't gets the points needed on the ILETS and knew I wanted to come to SA so was easier (and cheaper) to get the points that way instead of resetting the test. I did it all by myself. I went to a 'down under live' day and was really annoyed with the rubbish that agents were telling me as I knew more then them about my options! Everything is on the website, and you still have to fill all the same forms out - I don't understand what you pay the agent to do! It's a very long process (with lots of waiting) and I made mistakes but got us here in the 1 year frame I gave myself! I am more than happy to help you if I can! People on here helped me so now it's my turn!

The penalty for unregistered people in Australia providing immigration advice include fines of up to $6600 and imprisonment for up to 10 years.

Exceptions are:

• close family members (spouse, child, adopted child, parent, brother or sister)
  • sponsors or nominators
  • parliamentarians
  • officials acting in the course of their duties
  • members of a diplomatic mission, consular post or international organisation.[h=2][/h]Education agents must not provide immigration assistance. Information on what you can do as an education agent is available.
    See: Information for Education Agents in Australia