[457] Request for FOI before lodge 2nd 457 Visa

acc0101

Hi mate.

I got a hard decision on choosing Agent to lodge my 457.

My employer already sponsored a financial manager with 457 for two years, but hasn't change to 186 yet, that means this manager is still working under 457 visa now.

I am a Graphic Designer with 417, this employer agreed to offer me a 457.

My M.Agent said we need a FOI to request all the information for the first 457 nomination that submitted to Gov, and make sure my nomination info would match this time. is that true? is it 100% safe for FOI ?

Or should i better use the same M.Agent as that financial manager used before? ( but this agent is so slow..)

coz my 417 will expiry on Fed, i need to lodge nomination + visa application at same time.

Ps* That company is a fashion business company with 20 staffs, never had a Graphic Designer before, Financial power is good. but is it hard to sponsor two 457 at the same time?

Thanks all

:huh:

Hi mate.

I got a hard decision on choosing Agent to lodge my 457.

My employer already sponsored a financial manager with 457 for two years, but hasn't change to 186 yet, that means this manager is still working under 457 visa now.

I am a Graphic Designer with 417, this employer agreed to offer me a 457.

My M.Agent said we need a FOI to request all the information for the first 457 nomination that submitted to Gov, and make sure my nomination info would match this time. is that true? is it 100% safe for FOI ?

Or should i better use the same M.Agent as that financial manager used before? ( but this agent is so slow..)

coz my 417 will expiry on Fed, i need to lodge nomination + visa application at same time.

Ps* That company is a fashion business company with 20 staffs, never had a Graphic Designer before, Financial power is good. but is it hard to sponsor two 457 at the same time?

Thanks all

:huh:

If the first 457 is a Financial Manager and you are a Graphc Designer then I cannot see how it will work if the two applicatios match - they ae for different roles! And doesn't the company have a copy of its submission?

"I assume what you're saying is that the MA wants to ensure the company information from your nomination will be consistent with the company information from the earlier nomination? That's always good to make sure but wouldn't it be easier to ask the employer to provide that information?"

Yes , that's what MA means.

The difficult part is, my company do not have any copy of that submission.

"I assume what you're saying is that the MA wants to ensure the company information from your nomination will be consistent with the company information from the earlier nomination? That's always good to make sure but wouldn't it be easier to ask the employer to provide that information?"

Yes , that's what MA means.

The difficult part is, my company do not have any copy of that submission.

The previous Agent should have a copy of the application as it is a requirement under the code of conduct that they keep records for 7 years. Your employer can request a copy.

The previous Agent should have a copy of the application as it is a requirement under the code of conduct that they keep records for 7 years. Your employer can request a copy.

i would prefer FOI to get all the doc back, but it takes a month to process. But is it possible to lodge nomination + Visa application during the FOI process time? My MA suggest me to lodge the FOI asap to secure my timing. would Foi affect anythings?

But is it possible to lodge nomination + Visa application during the FOI process time?

Yes, it is possible but there is not much point. The whole point of the FOI is to obtain information which may be pertinent prior to lodgement to ensure consistency.

Currently FOIs are taking a long time to process.