189 and Secondary Applicant

playitbyear

To all the 189 visa experts,

I am a qualified secondary maths teacher, have sent off my AITSL Skills assessment yesterday, and sitting IELTS in January to get enough points (I need an 8)

Going to try to lodge ourselves, but need some help from you POMs especially with the secondary applicant.

In my EOI I have ticked that there will be a secondary applicant accompanying me but wondering more about the application stage

We're from Ireland so he won't need to sit IELTS and we have plenty of evidence to prove defacto, and have all that documentation prepared

I'm on a WHV and he's on 457.

What does my defacto partner need to get?

Is a skills assessment required for him?

Can police clearances, Forms 80 and 1221 be uploaded at the time of application or do you need to wait until requested?

Alllllllllllll help appreciated

You can upload Before requested...upload everything before requested if u like...you need to provide evidence for everything you are claiming points for....secondary applicant won't needs skills assessment or work history etc if you are not claiming points for that

Ok great thanks Lorna.

Could you tell me what details are required for my secondary applicant, does he need past education, employment, places he's been on holidays etc

Download form 80 and you will see questions that need answering on there...I think that's what you mean when you are talking about holidays?...I did form 80 and then Just proof of English language, his education and work was not relevant to visa so if I did give info on that it was minimal and didn't need to evidence it...not much was needed for my secondary applicant...well they need police Certs too and medicals