Cold vs Warm

What's your preferred weather to spend a Christmas in?

Personally I like a cold Christmas. The more snow the better!

I'm not bothered but I don't like snow/ice. My hubby would like it to be cold on Xmas day and Boxing Day only lol+

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Ummm...Like 4.10 AM and 26C. Fabulous.

Cheers, Bobj.

4.25 AM

[h=2]Real-Time Extremes[/h]
  • [h=3]Hottest 35.6 °C[/h]Scherger RAAF, QLD
  • [h=3]Coldest -2 °C[/h]Mount Hotham Airport, VIC
  • [h=3]Windiest 66.7km/h[/h]Maatsuyker Island Lighthouse, TAS
  • [h=3]Wettest (Last Hour) 37.8mm[/h]Moranbah Airport, QL

Cheers, Bobj.

I prefer a cold Christmas, but, you should be able to sink half a carton on new years, pass out under a lemon tree and not freeze to death. Cold new years suck.

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

Warm, without a doubt. Why people want to be cold I find hard to fathom, but each to their own I guess.

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

Cold, with snow if possible, warm Christmas is awful.

Jeremy Corbyn on the EU  " A European bureaucracy totally unaccountable to anybody"

Warm is just not xmas, why people like a warm xmas is beyond me , but each to their own.....this will do at my fav pub.

fleeceinn.thumbnail.JPG

then again its nice in the summer also.

the-fleece-inn-1.jpg

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

I can only remember three white Christmases in the UK and I'm not the nostalgic type so I really don't care what the weather is like as long as it's not raining or too hot.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away :smile:

Cold for me. Anything over 22 is too warm! My ideal is 20C though.

Most of our Christmas day's in the UK in the years before leaving were not cold. Mild yes, but not cold. I think we had one recent year (2010?) where there was a good proper cold snap, frosts and that (and then snow later in Jan) but a cold Christmas didn't really happen often the way it used to when I was a kid growing up. I guess temps warming around the globe are not helping that.

Last Christmas here we had 23/24C which was fine. Was good to cook a couple of shoulders of lamb and have the family round to help eat it :cute: Not overly hot at all. My parents, in the south west of England had about 14C. Hardly cold there really.

TBH these days its more of a concern to me about who I spend it with than what the weather is like. Its not like in the days before marriage and kid where I'd go out for a day and hike across Dartmoor or Exmoor and take a thermos of rabbit stew with me for my lunch so I didn't have to do the Christmas thing or see people I didn't really want to see. Or when living overseas and Christmas was celebrated not on the day but on the Eve or earlier in the month. Of course, if I am cooking a roast or going to eat one I don't want a 40C hot day for Christmas but equally I don't want a soggy or grey day either where the appeal of being outside for a bike ride or walk isn't enticing much either. Neither is really setting the traditional scene in that sense we tend to think of it :tongue:

So wherever I spend it, I'll make the most of it and appreciate what we have and that I am able to spend it with loved ones.

cold or warm xmas is just a commercial greedy time...no one cares what its about just just a week off to drink and eat in excess and watch sg

hite movies on tv...no one cares about the true meaning including me.....and **** santa and his ho ho ho

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

Never had a White Christmas in the UK, we rarely ever had snow at all and never at Christmas which was a shame. Ideally A log cabin with a raging fire and 6ft of snow, with a Butler oh and Sean Connery ( in his Bond days ) at my beck and call .......:laugh:

In the real world I'll settle for low 30's sat under the Alfresco watching the Grandchildren jumping in the pool with a glass of bubbly in hand while the turkey roasts in the BBQ and the family chow down on the monster Prawns that are as big as my hand.

Nothing IMO can quite capture the Christmas feel and spirit of the German Christmas Markets especially if snowing at the time. Sadly this has become less the case over more recent years, depending where in the country one is.

I always found Christmas in London dull to say the least. Never once had a 'white Christmas' there though one year it snowed soon after Boxing Day and continued over the New Year.

Perth is a novelty but can soon wear off with 30 plus Christmas Day's . More often than not a blistering hot day. We celebrate Christmas Eve more so often head for the beach for a couple of hours and join all those Pom tourists and others will their Santa hats in the sea.....

Cold for me. Anything over 22 is too warm! My ideal is 20C though.

It's 20C here today and just lovely - light breeze, clear blue sky. Hope it's like this at Christmas.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away :smile:

Warm, well preferably hot! I hope i never experience snow again, the last winter in Paisley was awful, started my birthday in Jan by slipping on ice and falling on my arse. Sod that, I've never been injured by hot weather!

Christmas now is food prep and a swim before hubby wakes up, then pressies, then cooking, then late lunch. After a big bowl of trifle and lashings of fizzy wine, change back into togs, get the Christmas music on and relax in pool. Stay there til after dark, helping oneself to beers from the cooler. Bloody ace!

She'll be right!

Quite interesting reading who prefer warm/hot/cold weather. Seems the cold lovers are happy to be living in the UK and the heat lovers here in Australia and that's how it shold be. Some like it hot and some don't. No argument about that.

Cold for me. We still have a chance of a white Christmas. Have had snow on and off since early November.

Cold for me. We still have a chance of a white Christmas. Have had snow on and off since early November.

Fingers crossed for a white Christmas for you.

The hotter the better as far as I'm concerned and then we can all have a swim after dinner. One year we had a 40C day and we only had the seafood entree, had the turkey the following day. I think it is more exciting to have a stinking hot day.

The hotter the better as far as I'm concerned and then we can all have a swim after dinner. One year we had a 40C day and we only had the seafood entree, had the turkey the following day. I think it is more exciting to have a stinking hot day.

I think it must depend on what you're used to. Nostalgia plays a big part at Christmas. I lack the nostalgia gene.

I was in Melbourne one Christmas with a cousin and his family who migrated that year. It did hit 40C but who cares. The children had a ball in the pool and opening their gifts. As far as I'm concerned Christmas is for children.

Cold for me. Preferably frosty. I couldn't deal with a 40C christmas every year. I didnt feel like it was christmas at all when i was in australia but if i actually had family there then maybe it would be very slightly different. I spent my christmas having a bbq with my bosses and a few of their friends. It was probably only 25c or less and i had to have jeans on, didnt feel warm. By night time it was like a bad autumn night lol cold and really windy

Between 25-30 degrees would be nice but as I mentioned on another thread my apple trees have predicted a very cool summer in Melbourne this season and so far they have been spot on - so might be a little chilly on Christmas day.

I am so over the Melbourne chill this year. Can't remember such a cool year but the plants look terrific at least.