Guest the jp's

redirection of mail

Guest the jp's

Hi,

Has anyone used the Royal Mail redirection service when moving to OZ? We can't decide whether to get our mail sent to my parents and get them to send it on, or use the overseas service with Royal Mail. Has anyone experience of this, and if so, what did you do? Has the overseas service worked for anyone, and if so how long does it take for you to get the mail?

Thanks,

the jp's

Guest JoanneHattersley

Depends where you are in Oz.....we are in Brissie and took us about 5 days on average

I have used it! £74.75 for a year! Forms from the Post Office OR apply online! My experience is.........when it comes GREAT............BUT they seem to hold it for a while until it's "worth" sending????? Or is that just my opinion? I am waiting for a cheque from my Council sent 2June! I'm still waiting............Johatts got the better deal me thinks?:yes:

LojaChica x :smile:Arrived May 2008.................

PR Granted Apr11 Citizenship Granted Jan13......Moved to Andalucía Jul13

Guest the jp's

We're moving to Perth from Manchester ...

Guest Eindhoven

Hi

We have our sent to my parents and then get them to check it every couple of weeks. Mainly UK bank and credit card statements. The house is rented and they redirect all the mai here for us as do the Mortgage company.

In my opinion it is down to personal choice and whether your parents would mind

Good luck

Guest Pinhead

Don't rely on the Royal Mail IMO. It took 2 attempts last time for me to just get my post redirected from Bucks to Dorset let alone to Oz!

I'd get in contact with all your banks,suppliers etc and tell them to send all your post to your parents address. What's the point in getting a GBP cheque sent to Oz anyway?

Once you get permanently settled get your address changed to Oz.